Best Invert Tank

Best Invert Tank - Nerm Week 2022

Hello everyone! This is the thread for the "Best Invert Tank" aquascape competition, please glance over this post before making your entry.

Best Invert Tank | 2022  NERM Week Fish Photo Comps Explanation

This is the best aquarium in terms of appearance AND function. The submitted tank/body of water must contain inverts exclusively (i.e. a 10 gallon with cherry shrimp and nerites would be allowed, however a tank with crystal shrimp and neon tetras would not be allowed) 

Formatting

Please submit one picture of the full setup. You may include up to 3 separate files that highlight certain characteristics of your setup.

Best Invert Tank Rules and Guidelines:

Stay within the guidelines of the forum.

The setup must be your own.

The setup must be a suitable environment for your animals.

The setup must contain exclusively animals that lack a vertebrate.

Invalid Posts:

If your post does not comply with our rules/ guidelines you will be private messaged for the post to be fixed. If the post has not been fixed by Wednesday at noon, your post becomes invalid. Any members post thats does not comply with our rules/guidelines will receive a private message.

Best of luck to all! 

Edited by FlyingFishKeeper

This is my new shrimp and snails tank. Still letting the tank season for now but it has 2 gold mystery snails and 1 bladder snail for right now. Filtration is 3 co op nano sponge filters. 2 are double stacked. Gravel mixed with crushed coral for the substrate. 2 Java ferns and one Java moss mat. Lightening is a 10 gal hygger plant light.added a second pic so you can see the addition of the double sponge filter and slate cave.

Screenshot_20220712-160857~2.png

IMG_20220712_180930871.jpg

Edited by TeeJay
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

On 7/12/2022 at 8:07 PM, Solstice_Lacer said:

Guess I'll throw in my cherry shrimp tank. Also has an assassin snail and some mini ramshorns, and daphnea. No vertebrates allowed 😁

20220705_191546.jpg

Your hornwort is growing so controlled...never knew that could be done, awesome scape!

• Thanks 1

Here are my two best shrimp tanks

5.5 gallon Snowball shrimp tank with a few ramshorn snails

and 20 gallon long Bloody Mary Shrimp with some ramshorn, bladder, and assassin snails

I like to keep my shrimp tanks super heavily planted, as you can see lol 😆

Edited by SandBkeeper
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

My shrimp sanctuary! 5.5g Sakura orange neocaridina tank.

This morning after the lights ramped up.

20220713_082326.jpg.6471eeb1fe9642e79fa40b59b5907aa9.jpg

Happy plants!

20220713_082333.jpg.648ace68cde1f80f52469f52738e5c02.jpg

Happy mommies!20220713_082501.jpg.ccd5841baaad96fe2a22679c36093984.jpg

You can read all about my shrimp and this adventure on my breeding thread. But I've had this tank set up since December. Started with 14, now I've had well over 250 come from this tank. They are hardy little buggers. 18°gh, 16° KH, 8.0 pH. Just a heater and a sponge plus plants, a rock and a piece of spiderwood. 🦐🧡

ETA: my tank light is a fluval plant 3.0, the sponge filter, air line, and air pump are CO-op gear, the air stone is ziss, heater is a tetra, substrate is seachem flourite black sand. I rarely fertilize but I use seachem flourish and potassium, then rarely, tiny pieces of sera root tabs. Light schedule is a dual siesta maxing at 25%. I feed a whole variety of foods, fresh and prepared. I water change ≥50% at least once a week due to the sheer volume of shrimp in the tank.

Edited by Minanora
Added details
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

On 7/14/2022 at 12:21 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

🤔  What is that ball of plant on the right on the substrate?  Suss?

I wanted to ask about your experience with alder cones too! I am considering getting some here shortly.

Yep! Subwassertang. 

I added those alder cones months ago. I haven't noticed any tannins or anything so I have no idea if they did anything. You can try them, but in my experience nothing happened.  

You all have wonderful invert tanks 😍. Thank you for sharing 🥰

My only tank with no fish is Snailtopia.  It’s in sad sad sad shape. I scavenged everything out of it. Literally has tons of hair algae, a sponge filter, frogbit, bladder snail and a tiny dying sprig of Java fern. You all made me feel so guilty for making my kids live in stark emptiness I went in yesterday and added some small stones 🤣

Great job on your scapes 👏

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

On 7/17/2022 at 8:55 PM, FlyingFishKeeper said:

Hi everyone, congratulations to @Minanora for coming away with a win for 2022's "Best Invert Tank" Aquarium competitions with 9 votes. Thank you all who participated, have a great day!

Thank you all. I love my little orange shrimps and they deserve this win. Their tank has been an amazingly fulfilling journey for me. I appreciate everyone who has been with me through this adventure so far. Looking forward to many more years with this tank.I hope to share my hardy shrimps with our community for years to come. 🧡🦐

Edited by Minanora
Autocorrect...
  • Like 6