On 2/27/2023 at 4:27 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Next time you use it can you do a before / after shot?

You’re not going to see a difference. With this stuff it’s 1 tsp/gallon and it says not to overdose. If you want a blackwater look, you have to brew the tea. Currently I’m using this for my dude in quarantine because I’m going through a few water changes to lower his salt. He has leaves too

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 1:37 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

You’re not going to see a difference. With this stuff it’s 1 tsp/gallon and it says not to overdose. If you want a blackwater look, you have to brew the tea. Currently I’m using this for my dude in quarantine because I’m going through a few water changes to lower his salt. He has leaves too

Right.  My blackwater setup is very faint.  It is definitely blackwater in person, but just not very intensely dark.

Interesting, thanks.

• Like 1

Bumped my exam out two weeks, paid the good ol’ $85 fee.  I’ve been here before.  Big ol’ defeated feeling; shed one-half of a tear, then moved on with like and will continue to try hard and push through. (I only “really” cry when Samwise tries to get to Frodo’s canoe.)  Ok, so!  Anyway! It’s dollar per gallon sale! And hence I will grab a 10g for QT, possibly a 5.5g which they actually included in the sale this time for cull shrimps. Did a water change for Geppetto. Dropped a Repashy cube in for the adorable shrimps.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 12:12 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Hopefully the studying is going ok

Definitely progress. It just wasn’t quick enough to meet the goal exam date. Folks say the FAR exam is “a mile long and an inch deep” (lots to remember and know how to apply inside and out, in case I’d get a simulation on that particular topic). Heard this is harder than the bar exam but can’t confirm. I wonder if the bar exam is also four 4.5-hour tests.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 7:41 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

This $1.36 piece of pvc pipe is well loved.

so is my betta's pretty much free root tab container cave. I wonder if someone could launch a study, if random  bettas like DIY tunnels more then the manufactured ones, or vice versa, or if it makes no difference,sounds interesting, but it would need more then 1 tank, for more then 1 betta.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 7:45 PM, Theplatymaster said:

so is my betta's pretty much free root tab container cave. I wonder if someone could launch a study, if random  bettas like DIY tunnels more then the manufactured ones, or vice versa, or if it makes no difference,sounds interesting, but it would need more then 1 tank, for more then 1 betta.

Ha. Warning! Multi tank syndrome flare up! I had the floating log for him but when it got wet it smelled like chemicals so I quickly took it out and did a water change. Then I bought the pvc. He likes it just as much! As you can see. ☺️

On 3/7/2023 at 8:01 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

He likes it just as much! As you can see. ☺️

mine was the result of some discussion with @xXInkedPhoenixXwhere we concluded that my betta could benefit from a betta tunnel, and i didnt want to buy one, so i DIYed it with a root tab container, and a box cutter.and 2 extra suction cups that came with my ACO heater. (i wanted to make sure i was using good suction cups)

• Like 2

On 3/7/2023 at 8:03 PM, Theplatymaster said:

mine was the result of some discussion with @xXInkedPhoenixXwhere we concluded that my betta could benefit from a betta tunnel, and i didnt want to buy one, so i DIYed it with a root tab container, and a box cutter.and 2 extra suction cups that came with my ACO heater. (i wanted to make sure i was using good suction cups)

I hung mine from the side of the tank with fishing line. I taped the fishing line to the rim. I was too busy to drill holes for suction cups, and lately suction cups have been getting on my nerves because they only work temporarily.

Edited by Chick-In-Of-TheSea
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 8:06 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

I was too busy to drill holes for suction cups, and lately suction cups have been getting on my nerves because they only work temporarily.

thats why i used the ACO ones, they are very good suction cups.

i was too lazy to go downstairs and use a drill. (and didnt want to ask my mom's permission) so i used a box cutter, much harder work then drilling it.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 7:32 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

The patient has been discharged.

thats good news, im sure the fish will be glad to be back with his/her buddies.

On 3/7/2023 at 8:13 PM, Guppysnail said:

My honey gourami LOVE the betta logs inspired by Geppetto’s pvc log. I’m to lazy to diy 🤣

id make you one of mine and send it to you, but only if you want one

though as most of my DIY projects go, it does not at all have a clean or finished feel to it, but my betta tunnel works fine.

Edited by Theplatymaster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2023 at 7:33 PM, Theplatymaster said:

thats good news, im sure the fish will be glad to be back with his/her buddies.

id make you one of mine and send it to you, but only if you want one

though as most of my DIY projects go, it does not at all have a clean or finished feel to it, but my betta tunnel works fine.

Thank you for the offer. I got them all the little zoomed betta logs. They are happy campers. 🤗

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 9:16 PM, Chick-In-Of-TheSea said:

Erin reset her tank after the crushed coral incident. She replaced the substrate and restocked with guppies and shrimps and still has her mystery and nerite snails. And she has found 11 baby guppies and a couple of Bloody Mary shrimplets. She has some ghost shrimp in there too.

Guppy

C72B6D68-F207-40DF-99C6-EEDFE686A13C.jpeg.3d5032bd8e2e0e71bc9383eea309fae1.jpeg

Guppy

C30CE862-3BC8-4197-BA50-44B3DE738CF3.jpeg.ee952113c8b2a6f309ab4a3c68654208.jpeg

Red shrimplet

A6677263-0308-4549-9740-B294669C2303.jpeg.f90f460dfab4245964106edd39964cde.jpeg

How’s Erin’s axototl doing? Those ghost shrimp❤️❤️