Fish ID.....

BuzzDaddy21

I would say it is not a corydora either. The body style looks like it is some kind of top or mid level swimmer (guppy, tetra, minnow). Do you have any other fish in other tanks? Did anything come from other tanks (plants, sponge, decoration)?

You will likely need to wait till it grows more to know exactly what it is but I am sure you could narrow it down.

Edited by Dancing Matt
  • Like 2

Did anything come from other tanks (plants, sponge, decoration)?
you forgot one thing…..  Net.

but that would be my guess, something was moved from a different tank.

or a fry was left when moving other fish out.   Not a Corydoras Fry.  But nice job regardless.

On 5/5/2022 at 7:58 PM, Brian said:

Did anything come from other tanks

I have guppies in two tanks, but only some p cories and 3 oto in a 40B, if it is a guppy, I have no idea how it got in the 40B. well thanks all and will wait until it gets bigger. 

How many nets do you have?  Is it possible you had the net in one tank and then another?  Or….. when you do water changes….   Is it possible the fry was in the hose?  
if you haven’t moved plants, decorations or anything like that.  

On 5/6/2022 at 4:40 AM, Guppysnail said:

Guppy fry are like duckweed if your not careful they get into every tank.  I find them in wrong tanks and have to fish the little stinkers out.  Yours is definitely a cutie !

ORD🤣

Seriously, not wrong though!!!

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2022 at 5:40 AM, Guppysnail said:

Guppy fry are like duckweed if your not careful they get into every tank.  I find them in wrong tanks and have to fish the little stinkers out.  Yours is definitely a cutie !

You're not wrong. Once someone bought some snails from me the day after a female guppy gave birth. It was unavoidable. She got a few free fry. That's ok. Plenty where that came from lol

• Like 1