It's Tubbing season question

Jason A.

So with tubbing season starting I'm looking for new containers for fish and took a look tractor supply store for new tubs and I see they have RUBBER feed pans not plastic and I'm wondering how fish safe these rubber pans are? If anyone has any experience or knowledge please share. Thank you. 

• Like 1

@WhitecloudDynasty does a lot of tubbing. Maybe has perspective? I use small plastic containers from Tractor Supply myself. I like small spaces for things like Guppies, etc.

Looking forward to Ted Coletti doing a talk at my fish club (PVAS) next month on outdoor tubbing / ponds. Two years ago, we did great. Last year, I froze fish . . . then boiled them. Got things ALL WRONG. I think I need a trellis over the top to keep from direct sunlight. Maybe a small fan to cool water surface too. Any more air-stones.

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Thanks 1

Again rubber not plastic just because it won't hurt a cow or horse doesn't mean it's safe for a fish. What I want to do is put some Medaka on a counter or display that is not in an aquarium so the only viewable area is from above. And the smaller tubs are cheap and black but not 100% sure on the rubber part.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:31 PM, Jason A. said:

Again rubber not plastic just because it won't hurt a cow or horse doesn't mean it's safe for a fish. What I want to do is put some Medaka on a counter or display that is not in an aquarium so the only viewable area is from above. And the smaller tubs are cheap and black but not 100% sure on the rubber part.

If it's the "tuff stuff" it's safe..u use it for years 

On 2/11/2022 at 7:02 PM, Griznatch said:

@Jason A. I never realized how pretty my guppies were from the top down, until I did the tub outside. especially in daylight as opposed to aquarium lighting. Looking forward seeing how your Medaka look

@Fish Folk Here's the collapsible shade I made for my goldfish

late summer with it rolled down

962111525_shadedown.jpg.bb1bbce97e05fead4c0535a5c9648d39.jpg

rolled up for winter

911145830_shadeup.jpg.d4a0f3b6d8f85b719835923dc155b0a2.jpg

Brilliant!