safe glue

Hi everyone!

after talking with people here, I have decided that I will buy some Anubias and Java fern for one of my tanks. I want to glue them to one of the rocks in the tank, so my question is this: 

what glues do yall use in aquariums?

I know there's glue specifically for aquariums, but that stuff is more expensive than regular glues, so I wanna see if there are any cheaper options.

Thank you in advance.

On 1/9/2022 at 4:43 PM, HydraSlayer said:

Hi everyone!

after talking with people here, I have decided that I will buy some Anubias and Java fern for one of my tanks. I want to glue them to one of the rocks in the tank, so my question is this: 

what glues do yall use in aquariums?

I know there's glue specifically for aquariums, but that stuff is more expensive than regular glues, so I wanna see if there are any cheaper options.

Thank you in advance.

I use cyanoacrylate gel, and ensure no other ingredients. Most recently Gorilla Glue gel was on sale, so I am set for the rest of the decade (probably. Maybe. Depends on what project I dream up).

It will be very obvious under tank lights unless you sprinkle sand /gravel over the exposed glue, or use the paper approach. 

Fold a piece of paper into a tiny square (a fishtuber in Germany uses a small amount of a cotton ball instead of paper), and use tweezers to hold in place against the hardscape. Apply a drop of glue to the paper (or cotton ball piece) and then apply the wet plant and hold the plant to the hardscape with the piece of paper in between. 

The water on the plant speeds up setting the glue, and it's easier to see the plant covers the piece of paper than it is to make sure the plant covers all the superglue.