If I have all male endlers, will they fight as there is no females? Other questions too.

BettasAreSuperior

I have 5 Male Endlers in my Flex. 2 of them who were put in first are constantly chasing and posturing at each other but no damage has been done. Occassionally the other 3 get involved or posture at each other but a lot less than my main 2. 

On that note I have 4 male Guppies in QT they do similar things. 

It all seems pretty harmless. 

• Thanks 1

My male endlers do fancy dances for each other and do lots of chasing of each other and of the mollies in their tank (also male) but no nipping and nobody has been hurt. I love to watch them show off for each other.

I did give one of them a "vacation" with my female guppy for a week so that I could have some hybrid fry. When he was returned to the all males tank he went right back to the gang without any noticeable depression or agression.

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2022 at 8:34 PM, BettasAreSuperior said:

Hi all, I had a quick question about endlers live bearers: If I have all male endlers, will they fight as there is no females? Also, if I get males and females will they breed as crazy as guppies?

I got some assorted males that ended up being hybrids and a bit larger than I felt was good for available space. I have two in a 5 gal with a betta and some chili rasboras, and they hang together or with the rasboras. Another lives in a 5gal with kuhli loaches and did fine with another male. The remaining 4 are in a 2.5 gal with neocaradina shrimp with no issues. Posturing, some chasing, but that's about it. They don't even bother the shrimp, shrimplets or even the scuds in my tank.

• Thanks 1