All Plant Tanks?

WillC

Anyone done a tank that's entirely planted and no hardscape?

And noooo I am not asking this question because I just planted a new tank and failed to sink my centerpiece of hardscape for a few weeks before I planned on planting the tank... 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 12/1/2021 at 10:21 PM, Streetwise said:

I keep several aquariums with plants and snails. They help me enjoy the hobby with less pressure.

Your tanks are definitely one of my inspirations! My gravel bed selection was taken straight from your tank setups and one of Daniel's experimental post.

• Thanks 1

Does this qualify?  Do jelly jars and gladware counts as hardscape?  😂🤷🏻‍♀️  I do have rocks and wood pieces that some plants have attached.  Everything in here is removable so I can catch out fish if needed.  This is set up as a cory comfy breeding tank.  Nearly all my other tanks have either large rocks or wood or both.

BA3AA92C-CF5B-4CFF-AA85-3FBFAC0207C5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

My current project tank is all plants and pest snails.  My first sand substrate, and no maintenance beyond top offs and trimming the Wisteria.  The project was originally intended to try to resurrect the dying plants, and test different substrates. later I removed all of the equipment except for the light.  Eleven months in, I don't think of it as a project anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m currently trying out a planted tank with 0 hardscape featuring mostly cryptocoryne species with a crinum and lotus. I’m currently adding co2 to transition the crypts from emersed to submersed a little faster but hope to reduce the amount of co2 in the future.

Really enjoying the tank so far. Oh and some of the plants are still in their cups but I’ll be taking them out and planting them into the gravel soon.

E96422FB-09B6-4442-AB82-F01A3B272A4B.jpeg

Edited by Ryo Watanabe
  • Like 2
  • Love 1