New here. Hello!

Minanora

Hello friends!

I go by Minanora in the virtual world.

We have two tropical community tanks and one "hospital" tank that is always occupied by new plants or some sort of project. I plan to get another 10G tank to help with efficiency between plants and fish since our current 10G is always holding up traffic. Usually with fry related activities.

We have a 20G tall in my sons room that has some guppies, oto, cory's, a swordtail pair, tetras, and a clown pleco.

We also have a 75G Takashi Amano inspired tank that is about a month old. This tank was cycled with pre-seeded media for the canister and completed a fishless cycle in a week! It's currently lightly stocked with a pair of swordtails, one male guppy that is too spirited to be with any other guppies, and about 27 baby guppies that are growing the bio-load slowly. There's also a bunch of bladder snails that are helping clean. I'll crowd them out with a colony of shrimp at some point.

PXL_20211031_194642868.jpg.62a32f725fafc1a1138ae1ec753ddc27.jpg

PXL_20211031_194929733.jpg.f76767d92dac8653df901162729e790f.jpg

Besides my love of natural aquariums, I have a lot of hobbies, work from home full time with my kiddo, and we love to be outside. I grow a lot of food, I can food, I love to wakesurf, hike, draw, paint, and play various online and board games. We spend a lot of time with our family.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

On 11/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, Zenzo said:

Cool! Welcome to the forum. 

Thank you! I love your fish room btw! Everything is beautiful!

Also, keeping fish and having aquariums has been a huge part of my life since I was a little kid. Fish bring me peace. ^_^

Edited by Minanora
I had more to add!
  • Love 1

On 11/1/2021 at 1:42 PM, Minanora said:

Hello friends!

I go by Minanora in the virtual world.

We have two tropical community tanks and one "hospital" tank that is always occupied by new plants or some sort of project. I plan to get another 10G tank to help with efficiency between plants and fish since our current 10G is always holding up traffic. Usually with fry related activities.

We have a 20G tall in my sons room that has some guppies, oto, cory's, a swordtail pair, tetras, and a clown pleco.

We also have a 75G Takashi Amano inspired tank that is about a month old. This tank was cycled with pre-seeded media for the canister and completed a fishless cycle in a week! It's currently lightly stocked with a pair of swordtails, one male guppy that is too spirited to be with any other guppies, and about 27 baby guppies that are growing the bio-load slowly. There's also a bunch of bladder snails that are helping clean. I'll crowd them out with a colony of shrimp at some point.

PXL_20211031_194642868.jpg.62a32f725fafc1a1138ae1ec753ddc27.jpg

PXL_20211031_194929733.jpg.f76767d92dac8653df901162729e790f.jpg

Besides my love of natural aquariums, I have a lot of hobbies, work from home full time with my kiddo, and we love to be outside. I grow a lot of food, I can food, I love to wakesurf, hike, draw, paint, and play various online and board games. We spend a lot of time with our family.

hi there!!!! your life your aquariums sound so exciting! you will fit right in. i just got back into the hobby after 30 years.here is my love

IMG_20211027_123909.jpg

IMG_20211030_191938.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/1/2021 at 3:21 PM, Patrick_G said:

Welcome! I love the wood and rocks in your 75! 

Thank you! I love your 75 as well. Sweet stand! I was going to make my own cabinet but I decided to dedicate my time in other areas. Had to pick my battles for time spending.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 3:57 PM, Atitagain said:

Welcome to the forum, I always love hearing about when people’s kids are involved in the hobby! 

Thank you. I hope fishkeeping will be something he enjoys for the rest of his life and not a chore. I had fish from the age of 3 until I was 19, then took a break until this year since my son is now 3 and can enjoy having a tank. It feels great to have fish again.

I love your fish room!

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2021 at 3:52 PM, Minanora said:

Thank you! I love your 75 as well. Sweet stand! I was going to make my own cabinet but I decided to dedicate my time in other areas. Had to pick my battles for time spending.

Thanks! I know what you mean about the stand.  I have two upcoming tanks, but I’m only building one of the stands. The other one’s getting a nice metal Petco stand. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 5:03 PM, GameCzar said:

You had me at guppies.  Welcome!  

Ha! Thank you. I have honestly had guppies in every tank I've ever kept, except for maybe two goldfish tanks when I was really little. At least that I can remember. I love your guppy project!

Your signature caught me off guard. I saw the word "Pico" and immediately thought you may be a home brewer. My husband and I brew beer and we use a system called a Pico Z. Stout season is coming... Oh wait, it never left. 🍺

• Love 1