kuhli Loach Fun

Patrick_G

• 3 weeks later...

We're enjoying them and our shrimp the most in our tanks, very underrated fish! I have a group of 5 that have settled in well after a couple of wary weeks sorting out their betta roommate. He has since accepted these squirmy guys and they are now are squirming *everywhere* including his betta log. They hang on the "trees", inside the At-At deco and make my husband's Endor themed tank seem a bit more like Degobah. 😄

20211024_173736.jpg

^ check out the back window...

20211024_172723.jpg

Photo uploaded sideways, but they will even perch on the snails so they can steal blood worms from the betta

20211024_173900.jpg

20211012_172217.jpg

Kuhli barbershop quartet!

Edited by Jawjagrrl
Added captions
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

I have 30 or so across my various aquariums; can never predict if they will be 'out going' and always visible or reclusive and never seen. Right now in one of the aquariums i have a bunch that never bother to hide; but the aquarium next to it that has 11 i'm lucky to see one every 3rd month.

• Like 2

I have nine of them in my 45 gallon tank and at least some of them are always visible.  They seem to operate in shifts, with different little squads roaming at different times.  They show up for dinner, though, of course!

Here they are, a month or so apart, chowing down on shrimp pellets and then a block of Repashy Grub Pie.  They hold their own and aren't shy when other fish or creatures are around.  They like to hang out inside that skull in the background and it's always cool to see them slither out of the eyes, nose, or mouth.

I also have a couple in the 29 gallon but had gone months without seeing them.  I then moved the corys out of it into another tank, replaced them with zebra loaches.  For some reason now I get glimpses of the kuhlis in that tank again!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 10/25/2021 at 3:47 PM, Scrum Fish said:

I have nine of them in my 45 gallon tank and at least some of them are always visible.  They seem to operate in shifts, with different little squads roaming at different times.  They show up for dinner, though, of course!

Here they are, a month or so apart, chowing down on shrimp pellets and then a block of Repashy Grub Pie.  They hold their own and aren't shy when other fish or creatures are around.  They like to hang out inside that skull in the background and it's always cool to see them slither out of the eyes, nose, or mouth.

I also have a couple in the 29 gallon but had gone months without seeing them.  I then moved the corys out of it into another tank, replaced them with zebra loaches.  For some reason now I get glimpses of the kuhlis in that tank again!

Now that is amusing. I do have sterbai cory in the aquarium where they hide; unfortunately i can't test your theory right now since i have no where to move the sterbai but in a year or so i will I think i will run this test.