How Best to Donate / Give Away Fish

MD Guppies

Hi All - 

To be clear, I'm not using this post to find someone here to take my guppies. I am merely looking for advice on how to find someone/place who/that will. There are no local clubs near me that I know of and the local shop won't take fish from local breeders / hobbyists. Just looking to re-home the guppies to a good place and find an easy way to do it that isn't too shady (not sure if that rules out Craigslist!)! Let me know if you all have any thoughts. Thanks!

I've seen people giving away Mollies and such on Facebook, also most local newspapers have an online classified ads you could try.

You could also contact the local schools and see if any of them want some to raise for a class project, I heard people using guppies to teach genetics. (Maybe here on this forum?) 

Good luck, we'll be having that issue soon.

• Like 1

You can look on Facebook for groups named things like "Virginia Fish Rehoming" or "Virginia Freshwater Fishkeepers" or whatever for your state (or large city if you live in one).

Facebook has rules against selling live animals but people go around this rule by just posting that they have Blue Moscow guppies (or whatever it is) and then people who are interested in them message them in Facebook messenger to get the price. 

Craigslist is still pretty active in my area; you can list them in the Pets section. If you don't want them to be used as feeders, you may want to charge for them.