Can I add corydoras to my tank?

Alec

I do not mix corydora and pleco because they compete for the same floor space and food. Some male pleco can be aggressive and territorial. A 20 high does not have a large enough footprint of floor space for that many bottom dwellers I think. I have never actually tried to keep them together so this is just my speculative opinion. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2021 at 10:33 PM, Guppysnail said:

I do not mix corydora and pleco because they compete for the same floor space and food. Some male pleco can be aggressive and territorial. A 20 high does not have a large enough footprint of floor space for that many bottom dwellers I think. I have never actually tried to keep them together so this is just my speculative opinion. 

I figured I wouldn't be able to add them but was wanting a few other opinions. I wish I could get a bigger tank.

On 9/18/2021 at 10:35 PM, Alec said:

I figured I wouldn't be able to add them but was wanting a few other opinions. I wish I could get a bigger tank.

Try mystery snails. Their footprint needs extend to walls 😁 they are social if you get two they are more active. Caution though monitor water quality they are heavy waste producers and need supplemental feeding both commercial food and veggies but all the same stuff you pleco needs.  I keep them with my pleco pair and they are fine.  PS we all want more and bigger tanks it’s the mts..very insidious!

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, Alec said:

Remember to take the time to enjoy what you have, New always feels more exciting, but there is something special to spending time just staring at your tank and growing some depth in your experience of your fish!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know that I’m going against the grain herd nut 3/4 panda cories or pygmy Cories would be okz since you have BN’s eat a lot of plant material and cories are more scavengers or straight up carnivores. Your tank load is ok as well I would not worry about add coryies. In my 20 gal it has a moss carpets several plants(easy) 16 neon tetras 4 Flase Juil-Cory,

3 blue eyed BN pleco. 2 angels( short term to grow a little. A few cories would be fine I would stay with mini cories, panda cories, or skunk cories. 

• Thanks 1