NJ, NY, NV, CO, CA.

Originally from NJ, then NYC, then Colorado, then Nevada, now California.

I was a theoretical physicist in the 1970s-1980s but began designing high end audio electronics and large line array loudspeakers for audiophiles which I still do to this day. My old company was the 3rd largest tube audio manufacturer in the world in the 1990s. It was an analog/vacuum tube world for decades but finally digital audio was embraced and now enjoys ubiquity in a field that formerly abhorred digital...anything!

I had 2 marine tanks and 3 freshwater tanks in he 1970s. Looking back at my own ignorance (I didn't even know what the nitrogen cycle was in the 70s) it's unfathomable to me that they ever survived! 

Now I'm a mixed media artist and still designing audio electronics. But my fishes are #1. I have 3 tanks, all fresh, Oscars & Pacu's in one, Severums & Acaras in another and and Discus in a 3rd with a glorious gaggle of inverts. I love using riparian plants in all of my tanks for dramatic nitrate reduction as well as just plain being pretty!

bamboo side close.jpg

Edited by dasaltemelosguy
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

On 8/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, dasaltemelosguy said:

My name is Mike Melos. Originally from NJ, then NYC, then Colorado, then Nevada, now California.

Maybe next you come to the Midwest? Seems like you just skipped us! 
would love to see a pic of the Oscar tank.

welcome to the forum!

• Thanks 1

Thanks. You're right, I've never lived in the Midwest but I've been there a great deal. Long ago I went on a photographic endeavor to do photographic work in all 50 states. It took me about 10 years but I did stay and do shoots in all of them as well as all of Canada's provinces and territories (as I loved road trips). 

But I think I've gone to Chicago from NJ or NYC perhaps a dozen times by car...for pizza! I was young and insane but I still remember places like Giordano's, Gino's and Lou Malnati's, oy vey they were good! The deep dish in that city is very hard to find in the rest of the country. Now I'm in CA and old so it's a bit of a ride for takeout!

• Like 1