Hello everyone!

Kerby

Hello everyone!  My name is Jamie and I'm from the great state of Alabama!  Lol.   First I want to thank the people and team members from the Aquarium Co-op!  Only recently have I gotten into planted aquariums!  I've gotten a lot of useful info and insight into this beautiful hobby!   And over the last few weeks I've ordered and purchased from them online! The feedback and customer service has been outstanding!  Everything has been promptly shipped and the attention to detail is spot on!  I look forward to the months coming ahead!  And it's great getting all the different opinions on the forums!  I need all the help I can get!  LolAttach18538_20210808_084318.jpg.24443ab0ccffcbe8888a412c0fb5a80d.jpgAttach18539_20210808_084341.jpg.3e97c342fb0ef5b45491dfaa9ddbae54.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Kerby;

Welcome to the forum.

You're going to love your tank when your plants grow, your Water Sprite looks great, and I like the placement of the Hairgrass.

I have three planted tanks and they look great, I just wish the LFS's I deal with would carry Water Sprite an Jungle Val again.

Please, when it comes time to trim your plants, don't flush them down the toilet, any microorganisms on your plants or affecting your fish, can be transferred to our native fish species.

Sincerely 

Gator

I’m recently new again myself and I cab say I hated personally hated the look of the drawf hairgrass grass I love/loved the monte carlo and got more. I choose Gold Coin Anubis myself in the center of my Eucalyptus root trunk with Petite Anubis in other areas around it in the root. Also the Drawf Water Lily is 4 inches in only a week and is amazing! Honestly I can’t grown Hornwort in my water so that is out for floating plant. I love frogbit little fine hair and little fry staying in it but have to be careful other plants don’t lose light because of it. Honestly like Cory says try alot of things you like because what will work in your rank won’t in another due to types of water use. Also once you get fish they may so you/dictate items or things you should try by how they act. Like my African Frogs are hiders but I did corner plants in the from they can hid in so I can see their cute little movements for air during the day. That’s was a last minute idea of my planned out scheme so go with the fish and what they like!

On 8/8/2021 at 10:12 PM, Kerby said:

Hello everyone!  My name is Jamie and I'm from the great state of Alabama!  Lol.   First I want to thank the people and team members from the Aquarium Co-op!  Only recently have I gotten into planted aquariums!  I've gotten a lot of useful info and insight into this beautiful hobby!   And over the last few weeks I've ordered and purchased from them online! The feedback and customer service has been outstanding!  Everything has been promptly shipped and the attention to detail is spot on!  I look forward to the months coming ahead!  And it's great getting all the different opinions on the forums!  I need all the help I can get!  LolAttach18538_20210808_084318.jpg.24443ab0ccffcbe8888a412c0fb5a80d.jpgAttach18539_20210808_084341.jpg.3e97c342fb0ef5b45491dfaa9ddbae54.jpg

Big fan of Gourmies but didn’t do them in this new, new tank again. Love it!!

On 8/8/2021 at 10:37 PM, Gator said:

Kerby;

Welcome to the forum.

You're going to love your tank when your plants grow, your Water Sprite looks great, and I like the placement of the Hairgrass.

I have three planted tanks and they look great, I just wish the LFS's I deal with would carry Water Sprite an Jungle Val again.

Please, when it comes time to trim your plants, don't flush them down the toilet, any microorganisms on your plants or affecting your fish, can be transferred to our native fish species.

Sincerely 

Gator

Beside all that, flushing that the of stuff down the drain is a bad Plumbing nightmare waiting to happen. Ugh I felt like someone stole my wallet watching in my head others doing your very thought. I had a pea, once clog a dishwasher hose. They mush, this one did not! Don’t flush anything but water and very little paper down anything. 

• Thanks 1

Stacy Z;

LOL. Besides all that you mention, our aquarium water carries those same microorganisms, it's best to use the water on flowers and vegetable gardens, aquarium water makes a great fertilizer.

I never even considered a possible plumbing nightmare, thanks for pointing it out to me. In the future, that will also be part of my message, but trying to protect our native species of our fish has always been my main concern.

Sincerely

Gator