leaches in tap water experiment

yannachka

last saturday i redid a tank that had leaches that came in on some plants. ive had 2 of them sitting in a tub of water straight from the tap (no dechlorinator). our water is very hard and mineral rich here so i wanted to see what effects this would have on the leaches. 

its now thursday and they are still going strong. not sure what this proves besides them being unnecessarily hardy but i’ll see how long it takes for them to finally kick the dust.

8C61BFA0-CEF3-4779-B2F9-936A944990E2.jpeg.d76196d10b17399c918434d838365ada.jpeg

D3D3CFED-0761-4B1B-AFD0-7DA2BC6621D1.jpeg.3ffeef9a3ed8220645cd6c8394c4ce38.jpeg

there are some pond snails in the tub that are still going strong too which is interesting. 

• Like 1

I think watching Stand By Me left me creeped out by leeches. I remember catching some turtles as a kid and picking off leeches around their necks and legs.

This made me think of other kid worries, and I had to go find this John Mulaney quote:

"I was a very nervous kid, I was anxious all the time when I was younger, but what's nice is that some of the things I was anxious about don't bother me at all anymore. Like, uh, I always thought that quicksand was going to be a much bigger problem than it turned out to be. Because if you watch cartoons, quicksand is like the third biggest thing you have to worry about in adult life behind real sticks of dynamite and giant anvils falling on you from the sky. I used to sit around and think about what to do about quicksand."

Edited by Streetwise
  • Haha 4