Finally bought proper tools

On 7/31/2021 at 5:54 PM, lefty o said:

you know you're all in when you buy the full kit of tools.

Yup! Going to make it much easier to handle the fast growing plants I have

On 7/31/2021 at 6:35 PM, Patrick_G said:

So nice! I’m still using my fly tying scissors to trim my tank 🙁. I need to get a kit like that. 

Thanks! $22 off Amazon, well worth it

• Like 1

My Aquarium tool roll purchased over time: straight scissors, curved scissors, wave scissors, spring shears for thicker plants, bent planting tweezers, straight tweezers, carpet plant trimming tweezers, forceps, substrate flattener, regular small scissors for moss in tight places, a crescent wrench for CO2, and a set of needle files for removal of Nerite eggs, or algae on driftwood when the need arises

PS: the needle files also work great for white superglue removal from inappropriate places on driftwood.

20210803_162516[1].jpg

20210803_162607[1].jpg

Edited by Jungle Fan
PS
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I got a 5 pc. kit two years ago. The 10" tweezers and curved scissors are a definite improvement over my Bonsai tools. I used the substrate flattener for the first time this week. it works in tight spaces, but isn't much help otherwise.  The other tools have never been out of the case.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 11:12 AM, Tanked said:

I got a 5 pc. kit two years ago. The 10" tweezers and curved scissors are a definite improvement over my Bonsai tools. I used the substrate flattener for the first time this week. it works in tight spaces, but isn't much help otherwise.  The other tools have never been out of the case.

I tried it but didn't care for it. Plus the metal scraper doesn't sound good with sand and glass. I will most likely only use 2 of the 6 lol

On 8/5/2021 at 11:15 AM, GameCzar said:

I think I looked at that same kit, so let me know if you end up recommending it!    Our scape tools are kind of a hodge podge right now, but it's getting us by. 

I was sold on first cut with the curved scissor. Don't think I'll need the full set but it was $20 on Amazon so I went with it since each one can be $10 alone

Edited by Fresh
  • Like 1