Non-techy needing to understand nano pump "battery."

CalmedByFish

I want to be able to use a nano air pump if I don't have access to electricity. ACO's page for the pump says "great in a power outage situation with a battery pack back up," and links to this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077HFFLMS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tank01-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B077HFFLMS&linkId=e6ef7700bbfd0200a8e362175d5c3f9d

On Amazon's product page, I see no indication that this can be used as a battery. Rather, it looks like it charges devices that have batteries in them - which the nano pump does not. 

There are 2 pictures of the Amazon product with a pump-style plug in it. In both pictures, the product is plugged in to an electricity source...

So can this be used as a battery - NOT just as a battery charger? 

On 7/13/2021 at 2:47 PM, CalmedByFish said:

I want to be able to use a nano air pump if I don't have access to electricity. ACO's page for the pump says "great in a power outage situation with a battery pack back up," and links to this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077HFFLMS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tank01-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B077HFFLMS&linkId=e6ef7700bbfd0200a8e362175d5c3f9d

On Amazon's product page, I see no indication that this can be used as a battery. Rather, it looks like it charges devices that have batteries in them - which the nano pump does not. 

There are 2 pictures of the Amazon product with a pump-style plug in it. In both pictures, the product is plugged in to an electricity source...

So can this be used as a battery - NOT just as a battery charger? 

The nano air pump itself does not have a battery if you have a portable battery that has a USB slot you can use it to power a nano air pump for a day to a couple days depending on the size. Even though the nano pump does not have an internal battery it will work with portable batteries to run instead of charge. Hope this helps.

Edited by DannyBWell
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 2:52 PM, DannyBWell said:

Even though the nano pump does not have an internal battery it will work with portable batteries to run instead of charge. 

What I'm not understanding is whether or not the linked product is, in fact, a battery. Can you tell?

On 7/13/2021 at 2:59 PM, CalmedByFish said:

What I'm not understanding is whether or not the linked product is, in fact, a battery. Can you tell?

Try this one this is the one Cory suggested Sunday. It has a 10,000 mAh battery. Sorry didn't understand your question at first. 👍

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08GKL41V4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_FTDGY2DFD7MEMEJ0S0KT

Edited by DannyBWell
  • Like 1

One thing to keep in mind when you order the larger batteries are the TSA rules for lithium batteries with more than 100Wh if you intend to fly with them in the US:  Lithium batteries with more than 100 watt hours | Transportation Security Administration (tsa.gov)

The battery manufacturers usually specify the milliamp hours and not the Watt hours so you will need the formula to convert milliamp hour (mAh) to Watt hours (Wh) using the voltage (V):  mAh * V/1000 = Wh

On 7/13/2021 at 5:50 PM, CalmedByFish said:

@Daniel @sudofish @DannyBWell It looks like your recommendations are $46+. I had about $20 in my head. Was I just plain wrong, or is there a cheaper option? 

And thank you for the clarification! 

This one is $20 but slightly different

This one is another Anker but doesn't plug straight into the wall like the other one does and doesn't come with cables but it is $20. Not saying you need to go with that brand or that specific one I just want to show you there are options if you're looking for one that plugs straight into the wall like the other one Im not sure if there would be a $20 version.

Edited by DannyBWell
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2021 at 5:50 PM, CalmedByFish said:

@Daniel @sudofish @DannyBWell It looks like your recommendations are $46+. I had about $20 in my head. Was I just plain wrong, or is there a cheaper option? 

And thank you for the clarification! 

The 5000mah version of the one @DannyBWellsuggested is $27.  That's the one I use.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/anker-powercore-fusion-5000-mah-portable-charger-for-most-usb-enabled-devices-black/6348856.p?skuId=6348856

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1