Dwarf Aquarium Lily Early Growth

@Fish FolkYou don't have any issues with the bulb being buried so deep? I thought you were only supposed to bury it about half way down?

I have a lily currently that I buried half way and I have only gotten (a lot of) little leaves. Maybe mine is lacking enough light, but I wonder if burying it deeper might be better. 

On 7/10/2021 at 12:43 PM, MDoc said:

@Fish FolkYou don't have any issues with the bulb being buried so deep? I thought you were only supposed to bury it about half way down?

I have a lily currently that I buried half way and I have only gotten (a lot of) little leaves. Maybe mine is lacking enough light, but I wonder if burying it deeper might be better. 

No...half deep is correct....

@Fish Folkis no mere mortal....he is super human....everything breeds...everything grows....everything is perfect in his world and all us little people can and will never come close to his greatness......🤣 We must all bask in his glory......bask bask bask bask!

The ones you see buried completely broke off of the main bulb and he planted them and they seem to be doing great but the proper way is like you said to half bury the bulb so it doesnt rot. 

Edited by ARMYVET
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, ARMYVET said:

No...half deep is correct....

@Fish Folkis no mere mortal....he is super human....everything breeds...everything grows....everything is perfect in his world and all us little people can and will never come close to his greatness......🤣 We must all bask in his glory......bask bask bask bask!

The ones you see buried completely broke off of the main bulb and he planted them and they seem to be doing great but the proper way is like you said to half bury the bulb so it doesnt rot. 

Not more than mere mortal 😂 Yes, they broke off, so I had to plant deep.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:43 AM, MDoc said:

As long as you’re only burying roots, it’s fine.  When the plant let breaks off the bulb, and you bury the roots, it looks like you’ve buried the bulb.  But sometimes there is no spoon, errrr, bulb.

• Like 1