Aqueon Stand - is this correct?

Ben C.

So I got an aqueon stand today - test assembled and it's quite wonky. I put the pads on the corners like it said, and the aquarium does sit without rocking, but the pads lift up the aquarium from the stand. Is this correct? Want to make sure before I..well add water. Thanks!

20210529_225953.jpg

20210529_230013.jpg

@s1_ the stand was rocking on the floor which was solved by the feet, and the aquarium did rock some before I added the pads. With the pads, there is no rocking, but it lifts the aquarium up off the stand so the only points of contact are the 4 corners.

Hi @benchilton, awesome! Always gotta love seeing a new aquarium haha 

I have the same stand that I use for a 40 gallon breeder. I put the pads at the corner as per the instructions as well but I cannot really see mine as I think with the water added, the weight will cause the aquarium to sink into them. I think they are just there in case of any irregularities in the stand. I imagine you are safe to add in the water. I will attach 2 pictures I just took of my stand corner with flash and without flash on. 

948A7057-D16C-4CCA-B020-0E78EAD9DBCC.jpeg.77c9599114f0d4b26e71b380e0429271.jpeg

699792E7-60AD-430C-B356-7E746D3C128D.jpeg.2d4fc50258d25c57173eac623ddd7a51.jpeg

• Like 1

@benchilton no problem! Yeah mine was a little wonky too haha I think that is why they add the pads though, the manufacturing process, shipping, unloading and stocking at store, ride home, and then the actual assembly. So many places where things can get a little wonky, not to mention settlement of house foundations and general construction tolerances. Mine has been holding up well for quite some time now though. 

I actually just saw in one of my old pictures that my aquarium looked like yours without the water added. If you look closely you can see light between the aquarium and stand. You can even see where the pad is haha 

B66A7CA2-5129-49EC-AC1F-6F6C9CC6CDFF.jpeg.361d8bb7c106f5eabeb00208b2871b62.jpeg

• Love 1

@benchilton no problem! Glad I could help! Good luck with your brand new aquarium, those are always fun and memorable times. 

And thank you very much, if you are interested I show the build for this aquarium in the thread linked in my signature named “40 Gallon Riparium” 

• Love 1

I have the 40 breeder with that exact stand as well. What I did was instead of using the supplied pads I got some foam insulation tape used for windows off of amazon. I ran it across all 4 sides. I was concerned because of little gaps where the sides attach to the stand.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L9Z71QG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Isaac M said:

@benchilton no problem! Yeah mine was a little wonky too haha I think that is why they add the pads though, the manufacturing process, shipping, unloading and stocking at store, ride home, and then the actual assembly. So many places where things can get a little wonky, not to mention settlement of house foundations and general construction tolerances. Mine has been holding up well for quite some time now though. 

I actually just saw in one of my old pictures that my aquarium looked like yours without the water added. If you look closely you can see light between the aquarium and stand. You can even see where the pad is haha 

B66A7CA2-5129-49EC-AC1F-6F6C9CC6CDFF.jpeg.361d8bb7c106f5eabeb00208b2871b62.jpeg

Is that a MD fish tank inspired light and light holder? 

• Like 1

Hi @Stealth Aquatics, yes the light is inspired by MD. I saw him use a floodlight so I thought I would give it a shot given how cheap they are in comparison to a kessil for instance (I love the shadows and shimmer you get from a single point source light). I like how they are rated for outdoor water exposure as well. I have not watched many MD videos in quite some time however so I am not sure if he is using a different system now haha 

The light holder is more of a solution I came up with myself but I have seen others do something similar. I just used PVC pipe and adjusted the dimensions and design as per my needs. Then I used zip ties to attach the floodlight. 

This is how the aquarium looks like now. 

1EE2F72B-0C72-4E67-901B-E8AAB04FB81E.gif.bd0117e0c86dfd3a476aba58a442c977.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isaac M said:

Hi @Stealth Aquatics, yes the light is inspired by MD. I saw him use a floodlight so I thought I would give it a shot given how cheap they are in comparison to a kessil for instance (I love the shadows and shimmer you get from a single point source light). I like how they are rated for outdoor water exposure as well. I have not watched many MD videos in quite some time however so I am not sure if he is using a different system now haha 

The light holder is more of a solution I came up with myself but I have seen others do something similar. I just used PVC pipe and adjusted the dimensions and design as per my needs. Then I used zip ties to attach the floodlight. 

This is how the aquarium looks like now. 

1EE2F72B-0C72-4E67-901B-E8AAB04FB81E.gif.bd0117e0c86dfd3a476aba58a442c977.gif

That looks so good! I saw those lights and was like I know where he got that idea haha. I’m glad they are working for you too 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Isaac M said:

@Stealth Aquatics haha yeah you nailed it! I highly recommend it for anyone on a budget. 

I really like your setup.  Where did you find your lights?  I have something similar, but my work lights are a warm white.  I can't complain for a total of $35.00, but I think the plants prefer the whiter light.

• Thanks 1