90 gallon corner tank stocking inspiration needed

Zoro

So I got a phone call yesterday from a small local fish store asking me if I want a 350L ( somewhere around 90 gallons) juwel corner aquarium for free. It has to go out asap from a waiting room in doctor's office. And I said of course I want it since it's 3 times bigger them my biggest tank at the moment. 

So I need inspiration what could I keep inside, my daughter and wife would like a bigger fish since biggest one we keep now is siamese algae eater. 

What we have at the moment

-panda and juli corridoras

- few hundred or maybe thousands different strains of  guppies (20 tanks in basement set up for breeding)

-kuhli and brown loaches ( think they are called brown, same as kuhli just no stripes)

- some bristlenose plecos

- agassizii double red (1male, 2 females, trying to breed them but no success for now)

- neon tetras

- few hundred cherry shrimp

- Amano shrimp

We are interested in some maybe bigger fish that could comfortably live in that size thank but I was mostly focused on guppies so know little or nothing about other fish. 

Maybe something that could potentionally be breed for fun and getting little return from hobby since I have fish store where I can unload fish. 

Not sure should we go with community tank or species only tank ? 

Maybe something that could occasionally snack a 1-2 months old guppie culs ? ( I'm not talking about the ones that are not right color or shape those are exchanged for some fish food in store and he is selling them for cheaper, talking about the ones that have genetic deformities and their quality of life wouldn't be the best )

Counting on some ideas from long time tank keepers since there are hundreds of fish

Thanks 

20210526_141950.jpg

You could do an earth eater/geophagus tank- you’d need a sand substrate, there are a variety of color forms and you’d have a constant presence on the bottom of the tank. There are some ways to plant and guard the roots from the geos as they do like to dig in nutrient rich spots in the tank. That leaves a lot of room for a huge group of larger tetras and maybe marble hatchets in the mid and top of the tank. 

21514C00-3605-43AD-A609-A856A19E7078.jpeg

That’s a really cool looking tank! 
how about.

One Green Spotted Puffer along with some Monos or Mollies. 

Discus and German Blue Rams together. Maybe @Fish Folkwill post a pic of their beautiful tank with those species. 

A fully planted and aquascaped tank with a few schools of bright Tetras, a big centerpiece fish and a bunch of bottom feeders to keep things interesting. 

1FE29711-2791-44BC-AC01-1B3A327138EA.jpeg

Edited by Patrick_G

Lots of cool possibilities! Love everyone's ideas. Here's a few shots of our 55 gal Discus tank. We've kept Rams with them , Threadfin Acaras, and Electric Blue Acaras. It's a fun option to consider. Discus like it hot: 85-88 degrees Fahrenheit. Bear that in mind when considering everything. (BTW -- this tank runs simply on two large sponge filters!)

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.10.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.11.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.14.05 PM.png

Edited by Fish Folk
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Patrick_G said:

That’s a really cool looking tank! 
how anout. 

One Green Spotted Puffer along with some Monos or Mollies. 

Discus and German Blue Rams together. Maybe @Fish Folkwill post a pic of their beautiful tank with those species. 

A fully planted and aquascaped tank with a few schools of bright Tetras, a big centerpiece fish and a bunch of bottom feeders to keep things interesting. 

1FE29711-2791-44BC-AC01-1B3A327138EA.jpeg

Yea its really cool tank and guy gave it to me for free, that's tank that was around 1000+ euros. Il only maybe put black foil on wood, still not sure if I like this finish or not. 

Idea is to start slowly, even if takes me 6 months to have it finished, but when is done I want it to have wow factor and that there is always something interesting happening inside.

Have to start with choosing fish first so I know if it's gonna be sand od gravel substrate. Then do some research on plants and aquascaping, since now I used plants mostly as filtration and hiding place for fry. 

Have a feeling it's gonna be more of a longer project but when it's done it has to be something that's gonna be magnet for your eyes 

Edited by Zoro
  • Like 1

Small update, tank is up and runing with fine sand as substrate and few plants ( more to come in next weeks ). 

I decided i wanna have rummy nose Tetras in it so 40 of them are ordered

I would like to have corydora juli also inside but not mandatara since I can put them in another tank if needed

Still cant decide what should be a centerpiece fish lets say. Discus and angels are beautiful fish ( my wife and daughter particularly like discus ) but I find them a bit to chilled out, they move like they have all time in the world and I like more action in tanks.

6 minutes ago, lefty o said:

sounds good. a large school of rummy nose will look great. some cory's running the bottom will work great with them.

I have Cory's breeding after every weekly water change so I can put as many as I want.