Hidden talents and party tricks

Fishdude

7 minutes ago, Irene said:

I've never shown this at a party, but I can twist my tongue upside down. That also means I can put it in a vertical position. 😛

I can almost do that too, actually. I've seen people make some really weird shapes with their tongue.

• Like 1

I was once tested and could remember up to 14 random digits verbally given by the school psychologist and then repeat them back in reverse order. Strangely I could only do this for 12 random digits in forward order.

I spent a lot time in the principles office and I am pretty sure they thought I wasn't right in the head.

I had just been caught reading a Michener novel in class and my punishment was to write 500 times 'I will not read other books in class'. I wrote my sentences out really small on one side of a 3" x 5" index card and turned it in, which resulted in another trip to the principles office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I had just been caught read a Michener novel in class and my punishment was to write 500 times 'I will not read other books in class'. I wrote my sentences out really small on one side of a 3" x 5" index card and turned it in, which resulted in another trip to the principles office.

Haha, I heard you tell this story on The Aquarist podcast. My other favorite story was Bream vs the Neon Tetras. "Dad, don't you know, Neon Tetras are the fastest swimmers on Earth?" 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Anita said:

I have many talents, although I do not know if I would call them hidden, haha! @Fishdude is a fan of my PA announcing. I know how to wear traditional Japanese clothing and have studied classical Japanese theatre. I am a Japanese history and culture buff and 日本語を少しい分かります。👺

216433_1025779240147_1095266908_30080107_2947_n.jpg.29bd29fcba091a1a3611ee98a8302db8.jpg

P1290996_web.jpg.8f1f8010acb02dd99d53bfc51f683f88.jpg

P1200970_web.jpg.8db097104c9f4e5d521bc8e9218416b9.jpg

This AND the PA announcing?! What am I doing with my life?!

• Haha 1