Hello from Columbus Ohio.

FBFA4B4D-E161-47E8-80DE-F89A4A015AB4.jpeg.521f8fbe156f1d9fb5e6b378fbb19491.jpeghello everyone! I am a newer hobbyist who started December 2019. I basically learned everything I know from the coop. I have a fluval spec 5 with my hellboy betta, a 56 gallon high tech tank, and a 20 long that I breed red cherry shrimp for profit (otherwise the wife wouldn’t let me get much). I absolutely love this hobby and the community. Not many hobbies anymore are as supportive as aquarists. 

I currently am going to place another 50 gallon tank on the other side of the window that I will be keeping GBR, a L134 pleco, and some other fish that I haven’t settled on. I plan to follow a MD fish tank style for the new one. 
thanks for looking! 
I am really late to the forum party. 

0383665E-E75C-4FF9-97E7-3EB589C37FAC.jpeg

E355DAD6-DAB2-421B-B05C-6BFD5AB410A3.jpeg

0D8B3891-B676-4685-9149-6090F33E2EA4.jpeg

4A70800D-C26A-4ADE-A676-62DE680B01E9.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Jacob Bergstrom said:

FBFA4B4D-E161-47E8-80DE-F89A4A015AB4.jpeg.521f8fbe156f1d9fb5e6b378fbb19491.jpeghello everyone! I am a newer hobbyist who started December 2019. I basically learned everything I know from the coop. I have a fluval spec 5 with my hellboy betta, a 56 gallon high tech tank, and a 20 long that I breed red cherry shrimp for profit (otherwise the wife wouldn’t let me get much). I absolutely love this hobby and the community. Not many hobbies anymore are as supportive as aquarists. 

I currently am going to place another 50 gallon tank on the other side of the window that I will be keeping GBR, a L134 pleco, and some other fish that I haven’t settled on. I plan to follow a MD fish tank style for the new one. 
thanks for looking! 
I am really late to the forum party. 

0383665E-E75C-4FF9-97E7-3EB589C37FAC.jpeg

E355DAD6-DAB2-421B-B05C-6BFD5AB410A3.jpeg

0D8B3891-B676-4685-9149-6090F33E2EA4.jpeg

4A70800D-C26A-4ADE-A676-62DE680B01E9.jpeg

Welcome! Love your tanks, and beautiful photos. Never too late to jump on the Forum here. It's a really wonderful community. Always learning.

Say, what's that fish in your profile photo? Apistogramma of come sort? Looks gorgeous. Handsome Betta. Do not be too surprised if his colors shift a bit on you over time. Ours changes some fin colors and body coloration. Just happens as they age. Yours sure is a good looking one.

I absolutely love all the green in your tank. Huge credit to the Co-Op how well you've developed your skills so fast.

If you're interested in breeding Rams for profit, here's an older thread that might help. Lots of details, videos, etc...

4 minutes ago, Fish Folk said:

Welcome! Love your tanks, and beautiful photos. Never too late to jump on the Forum here. It's a really wonderful community. Always learning.

Say, what's that fish in your profile photo? Apistogramma of come sort? Looks gorgeous. Handsome Betta. Do not be too surprised if his colors shift a bit on you over time. Ours changes some fin colors and body coloration. Just happens as they age. Yours sure is a good looking one.

I absolutely love all the green in your tank. Huge credit to the Co-Op how well you've developed your skills so fast.

If you're interested in breeding Rams for profit, here's an older thread that might help. Lots of details, videos, etc...

Hey thanks! It’s an apistogramma macmasteri pair that I got about 2 weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, CalmedByFish said:

Your tank is beautiful for someone experienced - let alone for someone new to the hobby! Well done!

Thank you so much! It’s been running for almost a year now. It was my first big tank. I had a 5 gallon spec v to dip my toes in and see if I liked it, and fell in love. I think I have watched every video from aquarium coop. They taught me everything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H20CultureLabs said:

Another Columbus Aquarist here! Welcome! Your planted tank is beautiful, nice job! You should check out CAFE Fish Club when they start doing meetings again!

I would like to look into that! No one else I know keeps fish, and the people at work think I’m crazy for breeding red cherry shrimp for profit. 😂