Greetings all. Here's my new desktop Betta, Elmo :)

Howdy everyone. I'm getting back into fish keeping after five or six years out of the game, and I've really come to appreciate Aquarium Coop content for helping me learn more about plants especially, as that wasn't my thing before. I can share some photos of my other setups later on, but for now here's my new crowntail betta. I was worried he'd eaten all the shrimp, but they've slowly been coming out of hiding. Fortunately they have a lot of cover. Stay well, everyone!

94CB36CD-A951-42E6-9108-373F4B6D1133_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 7

Sweet desktop tank!!  Elmo is a looker! 😍

I've had pretty good experiences with my short nose algae shrimp and my classroom betta, Spritz!  I feel like the shrimp tolerate Spritz...and Spritz doesn't care about eating the shrimp, but he will totally run through a pack of them just to see them jump for funsies! 

What kind of shrimp do you have?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have 6 "dwarf" shrimps of various colors and 10 amanos. I had heard some bettas might check out cherry shrimp, etc. but most should leave the amanos alone. I wanted some colored shrimp in there so I thought I'd give it a try. They're all still there so fingers crossed, but they're definitely not as bold as they were before I added him!

• Like 1