Hello fish fam, Greetings from PA

MickS77

Mick here, 

I've been keeping fish as long as I can remember. I'll be turning 30 this year so I reckon that's about 20 years in the hobby. I started with an Opaline Gourami and a Kuhli Loach and I've been hooked ever since. I've kept most tropical fish available from my local stores at one time or another, including a fish only saltwater tank. I started dabbling in planted tanks about 10 years ago (geez) and I don't think I'd ever have a tank without them.

Currently I'm keeping a 110 gallon planted tank with a variety of Tetras. Also a 75 gallon blackwater tank to be stocked with the larger bodied Tetras. Thanks to the inspiration of Dean and Randy I've also started a fish-corner-of-basement to try my hand at breeding and collecting. 

I've always been hesitant to share my tanks, not out of a feeling of inadequacy but rather not wanting to deal with the internet as we know it. I trust this be a great place to share my knowledge and experience, looking forward to it 

Thanks for the great work Cory. 

20200714_155913.jpg

20200628_081449.jpg

20200714_155147.jpg

20200714_155457.jpg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum, Mick! I'm from PA too, currently living around King of Prussia/Phoenixville area. Your planted tanks are outstanding - the first photo you posted is AWESOME. Everything looks so healthy and lush! I'm totally geeking out haha Thanks for the inspiration and best of luck with your breeding set up 🙂 

Hey Mick! I grew up in Kennsington (Philly) but live over the river in NJ.  (Whispers) heeelpppp meee get out....  Nice looking setups! I'm hoping to get to know more local folks or even just interesting down to earth people.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Lizzie Block said:

Welcome to the forum, Mick! I'm from PA too, currently living around King of Prussia/Phoenixville area. Your planted tanks are outstanding - the first photo you posted is AWESOME. Everything looks so healthy and lush! I'm totally geeking out haha Thanks for the inspiration and best of luck with your breeding set up 🙂 

Thanks Lizzie! Good luck with your move, hope everything goes smooth!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MickS77 said:

Mick here, 

I've been keeping fish as long as I can remember. I'll be turning 30 this year so I reckon that's about 20 years in the hobby. I started with an Opaline Gourami and a Kuhli Loach and I've been hooked ever since. I've kept most tropical fish available from my local stores at one time or another, including a fish only saltwater tank. I started dabbling in planted tanks about 10 years ago (geez) and I don't think I'd ever have a tank without them.

Currently I'm keeping a 110 gallon planted tank with a variety of Tetras. Also a 75 gallon blackwater tank to be stocked with the larger bodied Tetras. Thanks to the inspiration of Dean and Randy I've also started a fish-corner-of-basement to try my hand at breeding and collecting. 

I've always been hesitant to share my tanks, not out of a feeling of inadequacy but rather not wanting to deal with the internet as we know it. I trust this be a great place to share my knowledge and experience, looking forward to it 

Thanks for the great work Cory. 

20200714_155913.jpg

20200628_081449.jpg

20200714_155147.jpg

20200714_155457.jpg

Nice setups. 👍👍👍

• 5 months later...