TomO

I've seen my parrots poop out green stool with my very own eyes, and also nibble at plants so I know for certain that at least mine eat plants sometimes! And this is with me feeding them generously 3 times a day (juveniles), so they're not eating out of hunger lol.

I've seen mine nibble on: Vallisneria, Hygrophila Corymbosa, duckweed and frogbit

Edited by HenryC

I've had a blood parrot for a little over a month now. He's still a juvenile, still losing his black spots. But I keep him in a fully planted tank, and so far he's left the plants alone. He does like to "garden" as I call it, where he pushes leaves around to try to rearrange them (especially the bolbitis by the pot), but I've never seen him actually chew on any. He does dig a bit, but not very deeply (yet). However all the plants in there are very well established, so they'd probably be harder to uproot anyways - the ones in the sand at least. The rest are rhizome plants glued to rocks. I did read that if you do notice your parrot eating plants, you can give them Repashy Soilent Green to supplement their diet and stave off cravings. 

PXL_20210313_231156835.jpg.0509c55f625070fcddc26658a77ae469.jpg

He's in a 75 with 2 senegal bichirs and a ctenopoma.