Best Schooling Fish for 15 Gallon Tank

jkt001

37 minutes ago, Scayuga said:

Since you already have the gouramis i would get a school that occupies a different area of the tank. I like Rummy Nose Tetras, Harlequins,or certainly even the Neon Tetras.

I like the Rummy Nose Tetra idea, it just seems like 15 gallons is not enough room for them. Do you have experience with this?

I just ordered 16 green kubotai rasboras from AquaHuna to go with some sparkling gouramis in my 29gal. I am hoping the matchup works well and looks visually pleasing -- we'll see! I definitely recommend you look into the kubotais (also called neon green rasboras I think?). When I've seen them in person, to me they look exactly like what a green ember tetra would be -- same body shape and approximate size, but green!

• Like 2

I am a big fan of Rhombo "Snakeskin" barbs. Contrary to being a "Barb" these guys in my experience are very passive and peaceful fish. These guys and Rummy Nose Tetras are my "schooling" fish in my big community tank. In a 15 gal tank I think you could easily get away with having 4-6.

Image result for rhombo barb

• Like 2