Best Schooling Fish for 15 Gallon Tank

jkt001

If you had to choose one schooling/shoaling fish for a 15 gallon tank, regardless of price, what would you choose? There are just so many options. I am going to add a school of 8 to my tank with sparkling gourami's, but I wanted everyone's opinions first. What have been your favorites??? Thanks everyone!

Personally, I like Beckford's pencilfish., but there are quite a lot of schooling fish to choose from. I have wanted to try penguin tetras for a while now, they kind of "stand" when they rest and it looks really cool. There's also the classic neon or cardinal tetras if you're looking for color.

I recommend picking something with a small mouth so you can have a shrimp colony in there too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kat_Rigel said:

Personally, I like Beckford's pencilfish., but there are quite a lot of schooling fish to choose from. I have wanted to try penguin tetras for a while now, they kind of "stand" when they rest and it looks really cool. There's also the classic neon or cardinal tetras if you're looking for color.

I recommend picking something with a small mouth so you can have a shrimp colony in there too.

Yes the original plan was just to get some neon tetras, because they are so cheap, but I then realized I don't want the reason I get a fish to be because I can save 20 bucks. I have researched so many at this point, but other peoples experiences are so helpful. Thank you, I will check out the Beckford's pencilfish. 

50 minutes ago, BlackLabelCarling said:

Even though they are shoaling fish, I would pick a coryora, maybe a pygmy. I just love the way they move together and when they aren't swimming they post up in a little group 🥺❤️

Something for me to think about! Thanks!

• Like 1