10g/50w compact heater

JeremyAllen

Hi all, I was curious on which heaters that were somewhat compact people have went to when buying or setting up a 10g fish tank. In aq co op’s tutorial on breeding apistogrammas where dean setups the tank he puts in a heater and I was curious if anyone knew the brand or a similar one that works well? Appreciate any help on this!!

I use the aqueon preset 50watt. Pros: they have been more reliable than other heaters I've tried from other budget brands. Black color blends into dark background well  Cons: it's still a bit large in a 10 gallon. You get one temp setting at 78°

• Like 1

I have an eheim jager 50 watt heater in my 10 gal and it seems to be working fine. I have their heaters in my 55 gallon and they’ve been working well for a year.

I recently got a hitop heater for my quarantine tank. I only used it for a week but it seemed fine as well.

1 hour ago, Hobbit said:

I have an eheim jager 50 watt heater in my 10 gal and it seems to be working fine. I have their heaters in my 55 gallon and they’ve been working well for a year.

I use 75 watts Jagers in my 10 gallons and they work very well. I have more of a temperature variance between my room and the tank though, so 50 would probably be fine for most people. I've had good luck with the Eheim Jagers in general. Not the most compact though I'd concede.