My second aquascape. I wanted to try something different

Penny

Hi.

I wanted to share my second go at aquascaping..

I got a 90lt/25 US gallon tall tank for Christmas with the intention of filling it with driftwood and all the extra plants that have popped up everywhere in my nano tanks.  However, at the last minute I decided to do something totally different. 

I wanted a whole tiny landscape, carpeting plants, perspective trickery, crystal clear water and eventually a shoal of tiny fish to swim through the sky.

I spent a long time choosing the plants I wanted and settled on Hemianthus callitricoides 'Cuba' as my carpeting plant... I didn't realise this was baby tears 😬 so, we'll see how that does with liquid carbon and not as much light as it would like!😂 I don't actually mind if it doesn't carpet, I think it looks cool tufty. I went for Helanthium tenellum for my grassy Tufts. Christmas moss on top of the rocks and Taxiphyllum on the tree. 

I used the same Tropica substrate, because I had such great groeth with it before.  

All the plants I used were in-vitro tissue culture plants and I love them. Unfortunately two pots of the Taxiphyllum wasn't enough to finish the tree so I'll have to order more..  just going to wait a week or so and see what happens with the baby tears.

Thanks for stopping by to check it out 😁

20210113_104325.jpg

20210113_104450.jpg

20210112_120908.jpg

20210113_103625.jpg

20210113_103651.jpg

20210112_150512.jpg

• Like 12

@H.K.Luterman I actually bought the tree and added the moss... It's a Superfish Bonsai tree and was £40.  Now I've had a good look at it I think I'd have a go at making them in future. It's a main piece of driftwood that's the trunk then a few pieces stuck together, then it seems that the joins are smoothed over with some kind of resin and sand combination... It's pretty cool really. Looks grippy and like it will age well. Then the small branches are attached.. possibly with superglue, although I can't see any residue or resin (unlike my fingers which were absolutely covered by the time I'd finished!)

I've attached a few pics so you can see the details

20210113_161400.jpg

20210113_161355.jpg

20210113_161345.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1