Future Co-Op Products

Streetwise

@Koi Okey dokey. This is what I meant. I hope this isn't horribly confusing? 🤪

1. copy test strip from original photo
  2. paste test strip into a new transparent layer
  3. trim away extra background. Resize, if needed.
  4. drag test strip over the color chart and between the closest two color boxes.

20210322_110519_test-strip-comparison.jpg.050952702e52099033ba21e8e76d0616.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Wow, I can't even begin to describe how impressed I am that you made a whole tutorial within one picture! 

Not gonna lie, I have never used photoshop before but I'll be able to figure it out. I feel like I have to try this now since you put took time out to make this, but thank you!

I have only one question though... You really don't like using liquid test kits huh??? haha

• Like 1

If you could get the wholesale price of test strips low enough, it would be neat to swish one in the tank a customer is buying fish from, then give them an unused strip to take home to test their water and compare the two. Of course, the colors on the used test strip would change over time so you might need to scan it and print out a color match for it that wouldn't change.

14 hours ago, Koi said:

Wow, I can't even begin to describe how impressed I am that you made a whole tutorial within one picture! 

Not gonna lie, I have never used photoshop before but I'll be able to figure it out. I feel like I have to try this now since you put took time out to make this, but thank you!

Among my freelance gigs, I have been a summer-school teacher, mostly youth education. And I have been a digital content creator for nearly 20 years (I think?), so I have been using Adobe software for long time. For videos, I use Premiere Pro. For audio clips, I use Audition. I use the Creative Cloud suite because it is a deductible business expense. 😊

I would suggest, if you are just starting out with image editing software, to try something easier to use and m-u-c-h cheaper. I found this article of "The 13 best Photoshop alternatives," that describes each software app so you can decide which one suits you best. Please note, I have not personally used any of these. I am only offering this list to give you some ideas of what is out there. As you can see from just this article, there are lots of options to choose from. 🤠

I have only one question though... You really don't like using liquid test kits huh??? haha

N.O. 🤣

Edited by Anita
  • Haha 1