Future Co-Op Products

Streetwise

11 hours ago, Jeff said:

Yes; Cory mentioned in his last stream? that they'd be releasing a "soft launch" soon for members only to get feedback before a hard launch for everyone else. 

If you are a member can you pm me what the new products are? I might become a member depending on what they are.

3 hours ago, Streetwise said:

My order is on the way. Did anyone else check out these new products?

I will just say that they are not anything that we thought of in this thread.

omg the fish secrets are killing me now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Streetwise I placed my order on Saturday I've been waiting for them to come out for awhile and am way more excited for them than any normal person should be. The timing is also perfect because I'm just about out of them and didn't want by to buy more of the ones I've been using because I knew these were coming at some point. 

I'll add that it's something Cory has talked about in the past that we've known they're making for at least the past year or so. 

@quirkylemon103 it's probably not worth it to become a member if ordering this a little earlier than everyone else is the only thing you're interested in. It's something we probably all already use or at least should have on hand but with some improvements. It isn't that what is already available is bad either. The current products just could be improved. I already know from the product description that they fixed the one thing that actually makes me angry about the currently available version.

That said I do really enjoy being a member of the channel. You get member only videos, sneak peeks at projects before publicly available videos are made, and every once in awhile they do live streams where only members can ask questions for at least part of it. Sometimes members even get a heads up about restocks for products that sell out fast.

There's even a way to make your membership free by using Google opinion rewards(i just remembered that this was a thing and had to stop typing and set it up before I forget). It's an app where Google pays you to answer surveys. Android users get credited to their Google play account and ios users can get it deposited to PayPal. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChefConfit said:

There's even a way to make your membership free by using Google opinion rewards(i just remembered that this was a thing and had to stop typing and set it up before I forget). It's an app where Google pays you to answer surveys. Android users get credited to their Google play account and ios users can get it deposited to PayPal. 

Oh I didn't realize you could subscribe (or whatever its called) with Play credit.  Nice.

9 hours ago, ChefConfit said:

@quirkylemon103 it's probably not worth it to become a member if ordering this a little earlier than everyone else is the only thing you're interested in. It's something we probably all already use or at least should have on hand but with some improvements. It isn't that what is already available is bad either. The current products just could be improved. I already know from the product description that they fixed the one thing that actually makes me angry about the currently available version.

That said I do really enjoy being a member of the channel. You get member only videos, sneak peeks at projects before publicly available videos are made, and every once in awhile they do live streams where only members can ask questions for at least part of it. Sometimes members even get a heads up about restocks for products that sell out fast.

New products aren't the only reason. There are some members only videos I want to watch

@quirkylemon103 then I'd recommend doing the membership. I really enjoy the members only videos and would continue my subscription even if they were all you get with it.

I actually originally became a member in order to get access to this forum. It was members only for the first month or two in order to work out the kinks, then iirc it was available to anyone invited by a member, then it was opened to the public.

I'm usually one of those people who refuses to pay for a premium version of a free service, but once I saw the added value becoming a member gives you I'll probably be one forever. 

I got my package today. I’ll post something, but I’ll wait for Cory to present the products in a livestream.

On my previous forum, I ran out of storage space for photos, and had to get Flickr Pro, which is $6.99/month. I got the yearly deal for less, but $5.00 a month for content, a low-drama/high-value forum, plus photo storage makes sense for me.

Edited by Streetwise
  • Like 3

• Administrators

btw, I want to reinforce the "gently" stir the sticks. Some customers have stirred them vigorously and the nitrate pad can come off. This is because the less glue that is used the more accurate the test. It's a delicate balance. We are seeing if we can make these more sturdy to violent swirling in future batches. However we value accuracy to be the most important thus far.

OHHH this is great.  I'm very curious to see how the ph gh kh look.  My brand X strips show a mix of two colors (not like half way, but the center is one color and the edge is another) on kh gh and then fade away and it always reads ph7.0 when the liquid test reads 7.8

I'm also very curious to see how much chlorine my tap has.  but have been hesitant to spend more money on strips.  A

Also, thanks @Streetwisefor your photo.  the customer photos I saw on the store site made the 0 and 10 ppm nitrate and 0 0.5 ammonia look the same, which made me unsure if I'd be able to read these strips.

I did stir a bit vigorously, so that explains the nitrate pad. I'll try again today, but gently. They do seem to be easier to read than my previous test strips. I should have provided better light for the first two photos. The second two were with my flash on, so I will also see if things look any different with normal lighting.

I didn't have any trouble with the pads falling off during use but I did find what may be pads loose in my bottle. They seem thinner than the pads on the strips though and I haven't found a strip missing a pad yet so could they be scraps from manufacturing somehow? Took a picture of 2 of them but have found several more. IMG_20210315_175952.jpg.4d1b2ee20c09195257e2479928cb0cea.jpg

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, AquaAggie said:

@Cory can we cut them in half two double the number of test like you recommended in 

I’m not sure, I didn’t try as I figured 200 was already a ton. I think it would work for the ammonia strips. For the multi of you have super sharp scissors possibly. I worry about the pads coming unglued otherwise. 

@ChefConfit @CoryI had similar squares in mine that came off in the container - I am thinking maybe its a manufacturing bi-product. I haven't actually seen any with a completely detached pad. Its more like a thin protective cover that flaked off. 

I did a side by side test of one that "flaked" off and one that looked normal and intact and they resulted in identical test results,  I then validated with another liquid test kit and got exact results.  

The customer service discussion with Candi was awesome - other than wondering "is that normal"  the issue didn't seem to impact the quality and I would buy again at the same price even if I kept getting the little squares in the bottle. I would be hard pressed to complain about getting 200 strips at this price point.