having trouble getting my discus to eat

Ricky D

Hi guys, just got a pair of discuss and having problems with them eating.  Seems like the are really skittish and just worried they are not getting enough to eat.  Was thinking of mixing some repashy for them but not sure if thats a good idea.  Any suggestions would be highly appreciated 

9FFD73BC-D7BB-4B05-BFEC-7585232940DD_1_201_a.jpeg.5a5abb1192a56f0fa11539201ea6b143.jpegIf you just got them it may take a few days for them to acclimate . Also Discus are shoaling fish so they do better when there's at least 4-5 of them in the tank. You can try giving them bloodworms. I've never seen a Discus turn them down.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

@Paul's suggestion is what I would do. It is very important to give them something so attractive that they cannot resist it. Bloodworms, or any live food like blackworms or Daphnia (both of which I realize may be very hard to obtain).

Sure they may not eat for a few days after being moved, but you can't let this go on too long or they can begin to decline.

What food are they not eating? Is there a way to find out what they ate before you got them?