Krylon Fusion All in One Spray Paint Aquarium Safe

Andrew W

I’m curious about this myself. The original formula was aquarium safe IF fully cured....hadn’t even noticed the change.
I recently bought a couple of cans of black  to paint the back of a new tank that I’m setting up. I was thinking about using the leftover, to paint some accessories to the canister plumbing  that are glaring different colors. 

• 1 year later...

This is something I found. I can’t speak to the accuracy of the source but they do address this here:

https://aquanswers.com/aquarium-safe-paint-durable/

In the article they state, “Spray paints designed for plastic will become inert after curing. A completely cured paint with fully evaporated solvents is aquarium safe. Never use paints that are mold-resistant as these are toxic to fish.”

I hope this helps.

P.s. I  saw this thread because I was looking for help. I also bought the new formula and wanted to know if it would work on terracotta? I’m going to paint soon. I’ll let it cure for a week and see how it goes unless I hear it’s not safe.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 9:54 PM, Chuck13 said:

This is something I found. I can’t speak to the accuracy of the source but they do address this here:

https://aquanswers.com/aquarium-safe-paint-durable/

In the article they state, “Spray paints designed for plastic will become inert after curing. A completely cured paint with fully evaporated solvents is aquarium safe. Never use paints that are mold-resistant as these are toxic to fish.”

I hope this helps.

P.s. I  saw this thread because I was looking for help. I also bought the new formula and wanted to know if it would work on terracotta? I’m going to paint soon. I’ll let it cure for a week and see how it goes unless I hear it’s not safe.

Good information in that link.  I would think that clean unglazed terracotta would be easy to coat, as it tis porous.  For that reason it might be wise to coat all sides. 

It might be time to rethink my PVC driftwood project.  I think the snails ate the unsealed acrylic paints on the test piece. Krylon and Rust-Oleum had already told me that they would not recommend their product, so the original project was shelved.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...