Snail Aggression - What to do with a Bully Snail?

Daniel

I have a few snails that do this. The first time I saw them wave their shells around I thought something had to be eating them because I didnt know a snail could be so ... active..fast...agile? I dont know. It does look like they are fighting like giraffes and just swinging on one another. 

I mean it could be snailf defense... i think he should be put on trial infront of his peers and let them decide if hes guilty. Unless your tank has a different justice system XD trial by combat with a yo yo loach might be fun. 

Edited by Marnol D
  • Haha 1

@Maggie  That's terrifying. I have seen shells get little dents from small snails hitching on larger ones (even though there is a calcium source in the tank they can FEEED ON THEY JUEST REFUESE TO... so they damage my pretty mystery snail shells.......) but i guess it happens ive seen it happen with shrimps. 

From straight slugging it out to cannibalism ... what is wrong with the snails of today. 

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

I'm a little late to the party here, but I stumbled on this post and got a chuckle out of it. I had a very speedy, palm-sized mystery snail that would chase bottom dwelling fish around. He was the most aggressive thing in the tank. He had so much personality we had to name him.