On Line Store

Kirk

@Kirk Cory needs to make what he offers on line a balance of what customers want, what it costs to ship and what it takes to stock in addition to being a product he is willing to stand behind.

Some products just don't make sense to sell on line as it may be an odd size and therefor cost more to ship than the product is worth.

This and at the same time with competing with Amazon . . .

It's not personnel, it's a business decision. If you owned the business with your own money, you would likely make similar choices.

• Like 1

Honestly, the prices are really good on Co-op vs other places and the quality is high.  Shipping is very reasonable as well.  While its not a full selection of everything, I can tell there's a lot that goes into the choices that are made available, and I truly believe its about quality over subpar products that still can make a profit for the aquarium co-op.  Cory wont sell stuff if he doesn't stand behind it, that's such an unusual business trait that I absolutely admire!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Streetwise said:

I like the very specific selection of products offered. There is no 'paralysis of choice' when shopping. Everything has been tested.

I agree with Streetwise, the co-op is not Amazon. You know what is offered has been tested, they stand behind and if what you are looking for is not there, buy it somewhere else.

• Like 1

• Administrators

We stopped carrying those heaters when we hit 12 months of out of stock and fluval couldn't get them to us. We still have some in stock to honor warranty claims. However we can't sell a product we can't get ahold of.  They are back in stock now, however, after selling them for years, we know they can't keep them in stock as in years previous it was still spotty. We were having to keep 6 months of heaters in stock and then we'd still run out.. That simply doesn't work long term to store that much product.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:46 AM, James Black said:

All products on the co-op website is all that they have for online customers, all though they do have a tee-spring shop for those who don't live in the USA but still want their merch. 

Really? Does someone has the link to the tee-spring shop? My name is Ruud, I am an Aquarium Coop junkie, and I live in Spain. 😇

@Ruud

front.jpg?v=2020-10-26-05-48&background-
TEESPRING.COM

Discover Aquarium Co Op Shirts T-Shirt, a custom product made just for you by Teespring. With world-class production and customer support, your...

My son and his family currently live in Rota, US Navy. They absolutely love it.  My wife and I had hoped to be there this summer but... well, maybe next year.

Thank you @Ken. I am just outside of Barcelona so up North, but the Cadiz area and actually the whole of Andalucia is very nice. Very hot in summer, spring is a better time to visit, but lovely villages and great food. Come visit Spain!

And thank you for the link, going to check it out!