Hey all!!!

I got this from a local shop about 2 years ago. It was supposed to go outside into my guppy tub in the summer (it was sold to me as a floating pond moss)..welllllll it never made it that far lol but it's been thriving in my aquarium!

Such a pretty green, too!

It lays flat on the surface, and has formed basically just one sheet of it. 

But I cannot for the life of me remember what it is called!

Anyone have any ideas?!

IMG_1485.jpeg

IMG_1486.jpeg

IMG_1487.jpeg

Looks like mini pellia - Riccardia chamedryfolia.  At least as best I can tell.  I’m definitely not certain on this ID but that’s the closest.  Riccia fluitans @GoofyGarra mentioned is also possible and I’m honestly not certain how to definitively tell them apart.  Let me tag some of our plant experts.  @Seattle_Aquarist, @Biotope Biologist, @gjcarew, @Mmiller2001, I know there’s others that may know, those are the first that came to mind.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 12:56 PM, Odd Duck said:

Looks like mini pellia - Riccardia chamedryfolia.  At least as best I can tell.  I’m definitely not certain on this ID but that’s the closest.  Riccia fluitans @GoofyGarra mentioned is also possible and I’m honestly not certain how to definitively tell them apart.  Let me tag some of our plant experts.  @Seattle_Aquarist, @Biotope Biologist, @gjcarew, @Mmiller2001, I know there’s others that may know, those are the first that came to mind.

I was thinking Pellia too, but I haven’t grown it or the other ones mentioned. I’m not entirely sure if I’m honest.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2024 at 12:34 PM, gjcarew said:

Riccia fluitans is my absolute nemesis. It's like duckweed that can survive underwater

It’s one I’ve never tried because I’ve heard this about it.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2024 at 1:19 PM, Odd Duck said:

I knew somebody would know for sure!  😃 

Yep, he’s so good at this craft. I’m a fan boy for sure. One of the top aquarist in the hobby with natural talent and you would never know unless you actively follow him. Don’t tell him I said this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2024 at 10:39 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

Yep, he’s so good at this craft. I’m a fan boy for sure. One of the top aquarist in the hobby with natural talent and you would never know unless you actively follow him. Don’t tell him I said this!

Stop it bro you're gonna make me blush

• Haha 3

On 5/21/2024 at 9:56 AM, Odd Duck said:

lol @Odd Duck, I agreed with @GoofyGarra the second post in this thread. 

• Like 1