Lets see some big tanks!

I love seeing big tanks! (Thats what he said, sorry too good not to 🤣) Post up pics of your 75G+ tanks! I want some inspiration. 

For starters, heres my low budget 75G i got for FREE off marketplace. Came with stand, filter, air pump, and nearly everything to get a tank running and cycling. The seams were also in great shape, and its a marineland tank.  It currently is stocked with 4 green sunfish, but that is just temporary until i get the fish i want, which is warmouth. This will be a native aquarium, and it will be a planted tank when i get an adequate light. Some of the rocks were collected off of a local creek bed, while some where extras i had laying around that i bought from my LFS. The driftwood i also found free on marketplace! Only thing i paid for was the play sand i used as substrate. 

Some youtube videos of the tank:

IMG_2411.jpeg

On 3/4/2024 at 7:39 AM, Whitecloud09 said:

If I may ask, what kind of plants is those red ones throughout the tank @Mmiller2001?

From left to right

Pogostemon Stellatus

Cobamba Furcata

Samolus parviflorus

Ludwigia Natans sp. red

Edited by Mmiller2001
  • Thanks 2

On 3/4/2024 at 8:50 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

lol, it's a great tank. Well done!

On 3/4/2024 at 8:35 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

120gal

image000000.jpeg

Both are beautiful tanks guys, well done!! Makes my 75 look like a turd! LOL! 

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2024 at 8:55 PM, Rewcolee1 said:

Here is my 75g low tech, low light. 😁

IMG_2310.jpeg

IMG_2309.jpeg

Looks awesome! I am here to see big tanks, not to show mine, got none lol. I have nano tanks and taht is it, but love big ones and love all the plants and big fish and all that!

Edited by Whitecloud09
  • Like 1

IMG_20240302_135039_909.thumb.jpg.6c2016f327fd56cd6213d2067b261d37.jpg

On 3/4/2024 at 7:54 AM, saminator0107 said:

I love seeing big tanks! (Thats what he said, sorry too good not to 🤣) Post up pics of your 75G+ tanks! I want some inspiration. 

For starters, heres my low budget 75G i got for FREE off marketplace. Came with stand, filter, air pump, and nearly everything to get a tank running and cycling. The seams were also in great shape, and its a marineland tank.  It currently is stocked with 4 green sunfish, but that is just temporary until i get the fish i want, which is warmouth. This will be a native aquarium, and it will be a planted tank when i get an adequate light. Some of the rocks were collected off of a local creek bed, while some where extras i had laying around that i bought from my LFS. The driftwood i also found free on marketplace! Only thing i paid for was the play sand i used as substrate. 

Some youtube videos of the tank:

IMG_2411.jpeg

My tank is a 4 footer still setting it up, budget friendly diy heavy.

IMG_20240302_135107_656.jpg

Diy heavy 4 footer being set up 

Edited by johnnyxxl
Wrong file 😞
  • Like 2

Mines needed a cleaning or I would have posted sooner! 6' 125, 7 geophagus tapajos (3 mated pairs that are breeding) a mated super red severum pair, 6 orange venezuelan Cory's and 5 scissor tail rasboras. The val is starting to take off like crazy! Bdbs substrate, fx6 and a tidal 110 just for polishing.  The aco sponge filters are what I used to get the tank going and just haven't taken out yet. Tank was free from a lfs that closed, The stand i built myself outta 2" stainless sq. Tube i had laying around. Man I love this tank!!

20240310_193831.jpg

20240310_193856.jpg

20240310_193936.jpg

20240310_193924.jpg

Edited by govsfabshop
  • Like 5