I had my first spawn of bristlenose, they were almost a week after losing the egg sack. I have done plenty of water changes about every few days. I have been feeding plenty of zucchini, green beans, cichlid pellets, krill flake food, and some algae wafers. Also getting out food that has set for longer than 24 hrs. Today I did about a 50% water change and every single one of them are dead. Guppy fry in tank are doing just fine. What could be the cause of death? I do not want to make this mistake again. Thanks in advance.

• Sad 3

I’m sorry you lost your fry.  They eat biofilm for the first 2 weeks. I’ve never had mine go for commercial food or veggies until around 4 weeks.  Use Indian almond leaves and sera micron. Test test test. The new fry are very susceptible to ammonia and nitrite as well as nitrate. Also make certain your substrate is clean. 

I colony breed my bristlenose so there's plenty of wood in the tank with biofilm I feed the fry the same food the adults get tropical hi-aglae discs tropical pleco tablets EBo youngster grow paste and artemia paste EBo veg sticks and EBo spirulina tabs sak spirulina pellets blanched spinach and lettuce cucumber I raise about 2000 bristlenose a year for last 20+ years with this method  most important thing is stable water parameters no ammonia or nitrite that can cause a die off as the fry are sensitive at first and good quality food that's readily available for the fry to constantly gaze on @Jackholder23

• Like 1