29 Gallon on 36 Bow Stand

maspohno

Hello everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster! 😄

I just wanted to pick everyone's brain regarding my situation. 

Currently I have a 36 Bow tank and stand (Aqueon), which has been running for 4 years. I've noticed that I enjoy viewing my other tanks, 20 tall and 10 gallon more than the 36 which is due to the front facing glass being flat rather than curved.

Will the stand for the bow be able to support a 29 gallon?

image.png.9ca6c1d9eb815416a564fd6397aa0dec.png

The 36 has the exact same dimensions of a 29 (30"x12"x18") just with a curved front glass. I've added a picture of the stand for reference.

Let me know what you guys think!

Thank you in advance! 😄

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 8:34 PM, maspohno said:

The 36 has the exact same dimensions of a 29 (30"x12"x18") just with a curved front glass. I've added a picture of the stand for reference.

I know someone who has their 29G / 20 Long on a stand like that.  I believe it's ok.  If you're at all concerned or the stand is a bit wonky, open the cabinet and take some photos. Most of the stands have some kind of support on the ends and the middle of the stand is just in place there.  My 29G wood stand lasted about 5 or so years?  My metal one will likely last for much longer.  The floor where I'm at left it where the stand warped on itself and it's time to retire it.  Just a note and I wanted to mention it.

On 1/28/2024 at 8:40 PM, maspohno said:

From what I recall, as long as 4 corners are supported, it should be fine?

This is how rimmed tanks are designed to handle load, yes.