Hello from the Twin Cities!

Hi Everyone, 

I'm excited to join this forum and meet other people who are passionate about the aquarium hobby (or the pet-keeping hobby, in general) and passionate about being a positive influence to other hobbyists! Although I only have one fish tank (a 10g with a yellow betta named Butters), I also care for a tabby cat, a cavalier spaniel, and two female fancy mice. Soon I would like to start a shrimp/planted tank. 🙂 

One day, when my circumstances allow, I would like to have a small "animal room" where I care for multiple aquariums and perhaps other small animals or reptiles/amphibians... I definitely look forward to keeping frogs one day 🐸 And perhaps insects, too.

I look forward to learning from others on this website, thanks for reading this! 

• Like 3

I'm working on my planted shrimp tank right now. I still don't have shrimp because it's still cycling but it's a lot of fun so far. 

My goals also include a fish and plant room. Basically I want a jungle with fish tanks. We are moving soon so hopefully we will be able to afford my dream room lol

If your betta allows you could definitely add a few african dwarf frogs to your tank. My betta gets along with my frogs very well. Then you can call it the start of the animal room.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SpiritLiefe said:

I'm working on my planted shrimp tank right now. I still don't have shrimp because it's still cycling but it's a lot of fun so far. 

My goals also include a fish and plant room. Basically I want a jungle with fish tanks. We are moving soon so hopefully we will be able to afford my dream room lol

If your betta allows you could definitely add a few african dwarf frogs to your tank. My betta gets along with my frogs very well. Then you can call it the start of the animal room.

Ah, that's awesome! That's exactly what I want, a fish/plant "jungle" room. When visitors come over, I want to don a safari hat and say "Welcome... To Jurassic Park" and then play that awful recorder-version of the Jurassic Park theme song that's on YT lol! 

Unfortunately for me, my partner has just finished school and I myself will be going back to work on my bachelor's degree. We might even be considering furthering our education beyond that, so for now we're stuck in a small apartment, unsure of when we'll be able to get a house.

I do have a multi-tier heavy duty shelving unit, and once we move to our new apartment I hope to be able to keep various animals on that. After I successfully complete my shrimp tank, I'd like to do frogs next. 🤩

Edited by sparklymoonshrimp
typos