School aquarium 2: actually happening edition™️

The endler guy

So I’m setting up a school aquarium again, with actual funding from the science department! He’s what I got so far, kinda not expecting to much immediate success because it’s Kerry tiger to next week.

do far 4 endlers, thinking of shellies because they look coolIMG_2845.jpeg.5085ad6af3bc1f93fd702e505d0bb20c.jpeg

dingus is chasing a dot on the back of the aquarium 😂IMG_2847.jpeg.a3a2c5b206da393c61049a42618d1442.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 7:40 AM, The endler guy said:

do far 4 endlers, thinking of shellies because they look cool

i highly reccomend asking your science teacher before setting on a certain fish. its possible the teacher wants to teach something from this tank, that certain fish would well illustrate.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 7:42 PM, GoofyGarra said:

i highly reccomend asking your science teacher before setting on a certain fish. its possible the teacher wants to teach something from this tank, that certain fish would well illustrate.

Yup, I’ve run ideas past her, and she is basically, do what ever you want as long as it won’t break the bank and is easy

On 10/18/2023 at 10:21 AM, The endler guy said:

Yup, I’ve run ideas past her, and she is basically, do what ever you want as long as it won’t break the bank and is easy

more fun that way. Im also doing a tank for a bio class, im meeting with the teacher tomorrow.

• Like 1

We have run into a possibly minor problem. I called today and they do have multis, BUT they are $19.98, I was banking on them being around $10 as that is what they typically go for online. This is a major issue because the science department only wants to spend around $50 on fish (understandably) 

would getting 2 be a possibility? I have seen they are social fish, so idk

On 10/24/2023 at 3:12 PM, The endler guy said:

We have run into a possibly minor problem. I called today and they do have multis, BUT they are $19.98, I was banking on them being around $10 as that is what they typically go for online. This is a major issue because the science department only wants to spend around $50 on fish (understandably) 

maybe look around for local breeders or aquarium clubs?

otherwise if you're local ill donate some albino cories.

Edited by GoofyGarra
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 10:12 PM, The endler guy said:

would getting 2 be a possibility? I have seen they are social fish, so idk

They’re supposed to get aggressive if they’re kept in small groups. Maybe try EBay or Aquabid

On 10/25/2023 at 4:00 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

They’re supposed to get aggressive if they’re kept in small groups. Maybe try EBay or Aquabid

The main issue is shipping being so expensive 

On 10/25/2023 at 2:41 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

@The endler guy do you already have a heater for the tank?  I have one that needs a good home.

No, but there are plenty, and the room is pretty warm

On 10/24/2023 at 7:07 PM, GoofyGarra said:

maybe look around for local breeders or aquarium clubs?

otherwise if you're local ill donate some albino cories.

We don’t really have any clubs nearby, the closest one is the next state over

• Like 1

I don’t think we are going to be able to do shellies, the problem is that we can’t pay shipping (idk government reasons) and they don’t want to use eBay, aquabid doesn’t really have anything

anyother interesting fish that are easy and common and preferably can be breed effortlessly 

Idk could we do angelfish? 

Or convicts?

On 10/25/2023 at 7:22 AM, The endler guy said:

anyother interesting fish that are easy and common and preferably can be breed effortlessly 

Or convicts?

white clouds? Cherry barbs? maybe honey gouaramis?

Edited by GoofyGarra

On 10/25/2023 at 2:22 PM, The endler guy said:

I don’t think we are going to be able to do shellies, the problem is that we can’t pay shipping (idk government reasons) and they don’t want to use eBay, aquabid doesn’t really have anything

Or convicts?

Angels in a 29 gal is a bit of a stretch. 
GBRs? Maybe do a cichlid pair on the bottom, and Ricefish on the top? You can pull Ricefish eggs, and Apistos or GBRs will spawn regularly if fed well.

On 10/25/2023 at 2:37 PM, The endler guy said:

How about filling it up with a plant that grows like a weed and putting peapuffers?

That would be really fun, but the eggs are a pain to pull .

On 10/26/2023 at 4:03 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

GBRs? Maybe do a cichlid pair on the bottom, and Ricefish on the top? You can pull Ricefish eggs, and Apistos or GBRs will spawn regularly if fed well.

If I do pea puffers i doubt I’ll get to breed them

On 10/26/2023 at 4:03 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

I don’t think gbr’s would be good, to difficult, anyway Bolivians are better 

On 10/25/2023 at 4:16 PM, JE47 said:

I would think white clouds could be fun they are quite easy to breed as well which seems to be what your after

Hmmm maybe them with a cichlid