The Rescape!

On 8/6/2023 at 4:48 PM, Fish Folk said:

Glorious!

I think that tank want to be loaded up with Rainbow Shiners.

My plan is the following:

• Sizeable herd of panda corys
  • Pair of L183 plecos
  • Trumpet snails
  • A bunch of various colored Discus

Just took my 40w UV sterilizer out of retirement and plumbed it into the sump. Tank is also on a slow, continuous water change system that I've been running on it for years now. Water stays clean and stable with a Ph around 6.4-6.6 and a moderate level Gh. It's been low maintenance in the past. Here's to hoping it stays that way!

This is actually the only aquarium I have in the house if I don't count the breeding tanks in my basement fish room.

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Like 2

On 8/6/2023 at 3:25 PM, tolstoy21 said:

Sizeable herd of panda corys

Minimum 40! 🙂

My plan is the following:

• Sizeable herd of panda corys
  • Pair of L183 plecos
  • Trumpet snails
  • A bunch of various colored Discus

It sounds awesome.  Maybe some dither / tetra for the discus if anything.  Considering the temps though, Sterbai over discus for this case.

This is actually the only aquarium I have in the house if I don't count the breeding tanks in my basement fish room.

See! That's cool though.  All you enjoyment, time, energy into that one setup.  I still don't know how you don't have a bunch of content on youtube or a blog or something.  You always seem to be doing interesting day-to-day things and it's fun to see the projects and slow progress.  @mountaintoppufferkeeper is the same way.  Too much awesome little work going on and it's always enjoyable when you let us have a peek at what's going on.

The tank setup looks great.  I think corydoras or plecos, both will enjoy the bottom setup.  The branches over the surface like that and they can peek up with a bit of cover.  Well done.

• Like 3

On 8/6/2023 at 6:41 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Minimum 40! 🙂

That was the exact number I was thinking!

On 8/6/2023 at 6:41 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

It sounds awesome.  Maybe some dither / tetra for the discus if anything.

Yeah I had some ideas for this. Perhaps cardinal tetras, or, I would really like to get, and attempt to breed, some Red Cherry Tetras (Hyphessobrycon sp. MZUEL 17771). However, I will need to save up my nickels for a dozen or so of those.

I'm trying to keep the number of different species minimal in this setup. 

Edited by tolstoy21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/6/2023 at 5:38 PM, tolstoy21 said:

That was the exact number I was thinking!

Yeah I had some ideas for this. Perhaps cardinal tetras, or, I would really like to get, and attempt to breed, some Red Cherry Tetras (Hyphessobrycon sp. MZUEL 17771). However, I will need to save up my nickels for a dozen or so of those.

I'm trying to keep the number of different species minimal in this setup. 

Those Red Cherry Tetras look cool. I saw them up in boulder colorado..... Just a few nickles.   

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 5:59 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Actually I think a few more of those sharks will be appropriate :classic_laugh: They'll finish off the extras in the tank anyway!

Actually, that single neon tetra is showing a lot of aggression and has claimed one half of the tank to itself. I've already lost about a dozen makos to stress.  😞

• Haha 2