Shrimp tank issues.

Cinnebuns

This is my 10 gallon shrimp and cory fry tank. It's currently transitioning to be just shrimp. 

Recently I had a big cory baby boom which triggered a nitrate spike. Because of that, and the fact that it's shrimp, I have been doing several small water changes the past week. 4 to be exact. I had originally planned on 2 MAYBE 3 but I noticed the shrimp running around and stressed so I did additional. 

Today I noticed this white dust on EVERYTHING. Its completing coating everything including eggs of berried females. Is this a fungus maybe?  Do I need to dose the tank?  You can even see little path makes the shrimp made walking in it and completely coating the moss balls. I did add some Indian almond leaf recently. Could this be the source of the issue?  It's from the same leaf I've used before and never had an issue but maybe it grew something?

@Colu

20230805_004423.jpg

20230805_004755.jpg

On 8/5/2023 at 1:04 AM, Tommy Vercetti said:

That white dust is from your declorinator. My daughter has the same problem when she does water changes more than twice a week. She uses some api stress coat stuff and I think that most of hers is related to the aloe in that declorinator.

I don't use stress coat 

Looks like some type of biofilm the fact it's also on your shrimp is odd there's a couple of things you could do clean as much of the glass and ornaments to allow the filter to remove as much of it as possible for the next couple of days hopefully it won't come if it does then I would dose the tank with ick X and let it marinate just in case it is a type of fungus 

That is a type of fungus I believe. I believe It’s the same fungus that attacks eggs. It attacks my sponge filter in one tank I’m forever disrupting. It’s a fry grow out of Random things so the temp  goes up or down 5-6 degrees every month or so disrupting my biofiltration. Try adding a bottle of Tetra safe start plus to help out compete the fungus. Several of us have had great results using it for different fungus issues. 

Is this the tank you had corydora with fungus? Or could it be cross contaminated?  I do believe this is the same fungus organism saprolegnia (?so) but I’m not a scientist  

What is on the head of your shrimp looks more like Scutariella Japonica https://aquariumbreeder.com/shrimp-disease-scutariella-japonica-treatment/
@Odd Duck @dasaltemelosguy

On 8/5/2023 at 1:04 AM, Tommy Vercetti said:

That white dust is from your declorinator. My daughter has the same problem when she does water changes more than twice a week. She uses some api stress coat stuff and I think that most of hers is related to the aloe in that declorinator.

ive never seen that, and been a stress coat user for 25+ years.

• Thanks 2

On 8/5/2023 at 6:14 AM, lefty o said:

ive never seen that, and been a stress coat user for 25+ years.

The only equivalent I can imagine.... Potentially the origin of the story is the little crystals that form at the bottom of old bottles of dechlorinator.

I don't think that is aloe chunks in any shape or form and I don't see that same sort of crystalline structure like I see in old bottles of dechlor.