MarineLand 5G portrait lighting replacement

starsman20

Has anyone put one of these on the marine land 5G portrait tank?

fluval-plant-30-led-nano_240x.jpg?v=1590
WWW.AQUARIUMCOOP.COM

3 Year Warranty Programmable App Highly Water Resistant The Fluval 3.0 is the best planted aquarium light on the market in regards to functionality to...

The light that comes with this tank is useless IMO.  I had my betta in this tank then decided it was too small and dark. Now I think I will take it to work and put some shrimp in it but want to be sure I can grow some foliage as well.  I have removed the back inner divider and have a small sponge filter in it if that matters.

That was one of the lights that I considered for mine (I ultimately went with a 12" Nicrew that I already had) and it's a noticeable improvement. I'm not trying to grow anything super demanding, just some mixed Ludwigia and a tiger lotus, but for aesthetics I may try out a clip-on Finnex Stingray.

• Like 1

I’ve had one running since December of 2018 and I’m happy with the quality of the light. It did a great job at growing a S Repens carpet for a while on a 5 gallon and now I have it on a different 5 gallon with dwarf sag and crypts.

Would I purchase it again? No, but that’s more because I like using super budget options. Most of my tanks are running led under cabinet kitchen lights I get at Walmart for $8 each. The main reason I have this light is that first 5 gallon was one I set up for our store betta fish at the chain pet store I work at and it really helped sell more of them.

So, if you’re looking for a really quality light that looks sleek and don’t mind the price point, I would jump on it. If you just want a light that will grow plants and you don’t mind something that might not be as great quality wise, there’s other options

67CECE30-C94D-414F-B538-7633C7431BD6.jpeg

• Like 2