First Time Aquarium Stand Build

NJ_FishDad

Hello.  I decided to try building the “cheap and easy” aquarium stand from the KGTropicals YouTube channel. This one is for a new, 20 gallon long that I’m going to set up.  It is in-fact pretty cheap and easy to do.  I used 2x4s and I’m going to use some reclaimed pallet wood to finish off the bottom shelf.  I did spend some extra time sanding all the boards so that it looks a bit more finished and so that it will take stain better.

This was also my first try “test” as I plan to eventually build a new stand for my 38 gallon.  For that one, I will be a little more exact with my placement of the screws and might even use a pocket jig to hid the screw holes.  Either way, there is the option to apply some trim and/or sidewalls to make it look more finished.

Anyway, happy with how it came out.  Super sturdy and confident it can hold a lot of weight.

Cheers.

IMG_2947.jpeg

IMG_2948.jpeg

Edited by NJ_FishDad
  • Like 8
  • Love 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/27/2023 at 2:39 PM, NJ_FishDad said:

Finally got around to finishing this.  Was trying to keep it simple and cheap but I couldn’t help but trying to make it look a little nicer than planned.  Now I just need to figure out what’s going to go into this tank.

IMG_3865.jpeg

I think I am totally going to steal this idea. 20 on top 10 QT on the bottom. Love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...