What kind of Chernobyl Rams Horn is this?

lmhicks101

On 5/20/2023 at 4:57 PM, Colu said:

It's a Giant Colombian ramshorn snail they can be very prolific lay about 200 eggs a time

Gotcha. Yeah I’m good. Literally defeats the whole purpose of then to be small and get into little cracks. 

On 5/20/2023 at 5:36 PM, Lennie said:

Also these eat plants unlike normal ramshorns, if Im not wrong.

On 5/20/2023 at 10:04 PM, PineSong said:

I think I had one about 15 years ago who ate a $7 plant in one meal.

I think I still have a single ramshorn that arrived as a stowaway. It hides under the Anubia, so I rarely see it.  I was going to purchase a roommate for it, but that is now out of the question.👍

On 5/21/2023 at 5:43 PM, Biotope Biologist said:

They use them for new puffer food so sadly only can get ramshorns by accident when you buy plants or shrimp

Or your hand gets into the ramshorn tank by accident and one accidentally crawls onto your hand. How accidental 🤪

On 5/21/2023 at 5:33 PM, Tanked said:

I think I still have a single ramshorn that arrived as a stowaway. It hides under the Anubia, so I rarely see it.  I was going to purchase a roommate for it, but that is now out of the question.👍

Marks shrimp tanks from yt has these ramshorns and he usually introduce them to his tanks on purpose as his clean up crew. You may watch some of his videos if you liked them.

On 5/21/2023 at 12:54 PM, Lennie said:

Marks shrimp tanks from yt has these ramshorns and he usually introduce them to his tanks on purpose as his clean up crew. You may watch some of his videos if you liked them.

He uses the regular ones not the Colombian if I remember. The ones I posted are the ones that get to like 3” or more. They’re 2 different types. I have the regulars that get to 1” max but I was in a LFS in a new city and saw them and had never seen them that big so posted it here. One of the ones on the front glass was bigger then a 50 cent piece if you’re in the US. 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 1:15 AM, lmhicks101 said:

He uses the regular ones not the Colombian if I remember. The ones I posted are the ones that get to like 3” or more. They’re 2 different types. I have the regulars that get to 1” max but I was in a LFS in a new city and saw them and had never seen them that big so posted it here. One of the ones on the front glass was bigger then a 50 cent piece if you’re in the US. 

He has both actually!

Even as a snail guy, I saw these marisa snails on his videos for the first time.