Order Duckweed?

Can you suggest a good place from which to order duckweed?  or another similar floating plant that will help filter water?  Water sprite keeps dying.

We have many AC plants.  I just need something to help filter nitrites out quarantine tanks.  I don't want to put our healthy AC plants into the quarantine tanks.  Thank you!

On 4/22/2023 at 11:23 PM, Louise02 said:

Can you suggest a good place from which to order duckweed?  or another similar floating plant that will help filter water?  Water sprite keeps dying.

We have many AC plants.  I just need something to help filter nitrites out quarantine tanks.  I don't want to put our healthy AC plants into the quarantine tanks.  Thank you!

If your having issues with nitries in a qt just do wc, there really is no reason to add plants as qt meds can harm plants.

Any number of the things above.  Do not willingly bring duckweed into your aquariums. 

I like dwarf water lettuce and pothos for nitrate removal.  However, in tanks with those I tend to struggle a lot with keeping nitrates in for the rest of the plants.  But in your situation, not a bad thing.  I have run levamisole, metronidazole, jungle fizz tabs, probably other meds I cannot remember right now in tanks with normal aquarium plants and pothos and they haven't seem to have been an issue.  

I have had good luck on Etsy with plants.

Edited by jwcarlson
  • Like 1