Is this safe?

Cinnebuns

I have no experience with this scenario but I do know that type of aquarium is specifically designed to be supported on the outside edges i.e. the plastic rim. I would probably take the time to correctly support the aquarium but maybe someone else has actually kept their aquarium supported like that for long term and had no issues with it. 

• Like 1

Lots to unpack here.

Having a little overhang by itself shouldn’t be a problem. The rim carries the weight, and I’ve seen many fish rooms set up with the tanks set up that way. But I’m not sure if I’d do it that way.  There are other options I’d prefer like putting a 1 inch board under the tank. The big box home improvement store sell laminated pine boards and would cut them for you if need help. Just get it .5” or 1” bigger than your tanks footprint.  A little stain and finish, bob’s your uncle….

what concerns me is picture one.  It looks like you have 2 adjacent sides that are not fully supported.  (As in the left and front side). If that is the case, you’re running the risk that it could slip and the stand would hit the tank bottom, and you need to address it.  

• Like 3

On 3/15/2023 at 7:52 PM, Guppysnail said:

Michael

I don't like this dude at all. He's incredibly rude in every interaction I've had with him. Won't watch the video lol. 

I did however choose to take the safe route. I had a larger stand i just got in a great deal in a lot from marketplace. I had intended to sell it but this is a much better use. I can sell the one it's on instead. 

Speaking of...that lot was an AMAZING deal. 

20T tank, nice stand for 20T (might fit 20L too idk), aquaclear 110, 2 heaters, gravel vac system (not sure what kind. I've never seen it before), lid and a few other random supplies ll foe $25

• Love 2

On 3/15/2023 at 11:02 PM, Cinnebuns said:

20T tank, nice stand for 20T (might fit 20L too idk), aquaclear 110, 2 heaters, gravel vac system (not sure what kind. I've never seen it before), lid and a few other random supplies ll foe $25

that is AMAZING!

congrats on your new stuff!

im just confused why you need a aquaclear 110,and 2heaters for a 20T tank...

• Like 1

On 3/16/2023 at 6:05 AM, Theplatymaster said:

that is AMAZING!

Same. Also, I actually forgot to add a super nice light!  Aaaaaaand all he was keeping was minnows for bait for fishing. Very confused. Oh well. Good deal for me!!

On 3/16/2023 at 6:05 AM, Theplatymaster said:

that is AMAZING!

Same. Also, I actually forgot to add a super nice light!  Aaaaaaand all he was keeping was minnows for bait for fishing. Very confused. Oh well. Good deal for me!!