Glass Cleaner recommendations

I don't get hard to scrape off algae on my glass so I just use one of those blue rough brushes that they sell for cleaning aquarium glass. The magic erasers that aquarium co-op sells also work well. Theirs specifically don't have cleaning chemicals or whatever else inside. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2023 at 6:41 PM, lefty o said:

i dont use anything. when i do water changes i tend to end up with a damp towel. i take that towel and scrub the glass with it, then quickly go over it with a dry towel. no chemicals, and nothing extra to buy.

Same, the towel I use to wipe up any water that drops on the outside of the tank after a water change is damp enough that I can clean the glass on the outside. I use the magnetic scrubber on the inside on those very rare occasions that my Nerites or otocinclus miss something 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to let y'all know I got a hygger magnetic glass cleaner.  The hygger magnet is stronger than the mag-float brand.  The part inside the tank is slightly less proud and it's black.

image.png.0765261b62fde6f7fd7cec9cc783bfaa.png

This is the external glass cleaner I use.  I love the way it smells, and it works great.  I've used the product for years to clean glass inside my house.  It's cheap, too.  Although, I rarely use it for my aquarium because I also do the @lefty o technique and wipe the glass with the damp towel I was using.

image.png.914118ef0cb178275baf7ee344fd0dc7.png

I've also used magic erasers in my home for years (now i use generic brand), they are truly magical.  And to clarify, the magic eraser brand doesn't have cleaning chemicals in it.  I looked into that a long time ago.  I actually bought some of the name brand magic eraser Sheets as they are thinner and I figure that will come in handy for the aquarium.

• Thanks 1