My Favorite Thing About Live Plants…

… is being able to plant other tanks with cuttings and plantlets!

I have a 29g community tank that I purchase new plants for, but my two 5g Betta tanks are planted solely with cuttings and plantlets except from the main tank. Even got a Red Dwarf aquarium lily “pup” and transplanted to a Betta tank! 

I just did a major trimming in 5g with natural substrate, so it looks a little bare(top photo). The other is going incredible (2nd photo). Bottom photo is main tank.

131092FD-3005-449C-985C-7E9021AAE6BD.jpeg

3DA602C4-BE39-4137-BEB3-7265CC290431.jpeg

54DC3575-0A23-4C0A-AEFC-F2BC3E246D0E.jpeg

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

On 2/7/2023 at 12:34 PM, Ohad said:

I love that moss you got going on the wood , what kind of moss if that ? 

Believe it or not, it was a faux piece of driftwood I picked up at Petco by a company called Penn Plax. Supposedly, the fake “moss” contained seeds and would sprout in water. It did, but no idea what kind of plant it was, but the little seedlings would eventually get loose and be floating around the tank. I ei got tired of chasing the things around the tank constantly do I pulled it out, dried it out, cleaned all the seedlings off and put it back in the tank. The ghost shrimp love it and its pretty much just decorative now.

448E481F-466E-41FF-BE11-58A089BA70AE.jpeg

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Love 1

On 2/7/2023 at 3:17 PM, DebSills said:

your anubias is amazing! I have several, but they inevitably end up with algae on the leaves (I need more ramshorns), yours are awesome!

I had an algae issue with mine at one point. I took it out of the tank about 2 months ago, used an extra soft toothbrush dipped in hydrogen peroxide and very gently “scrubbed” each leaf, rinsed the heck out of it and put it back in the tank. Lowered my lights a tad and in a couple days it was gone and so far hasn’t come back