Dream fish may happen

The endler guy

Pea Puffers and Discus! Those are my dream fish. 

Pea Puffers- not set up to feed live foods constantly… not sure how I would manage that, but I’ll figure it out eventually.

Discus- not experienced enough nor do I have a tank big enough to handle them… maybe one day!

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 5:24 AM, Aiden Carter said:

@Guppysnailjust got some of their dream fish, it made me start thinking, what is your dream fish?

technically not what you think of when you hear fish, but I want a caiman lizard! (Technically all tetrapods are fish) besides that I want dwarf/ regular centipede knife fish

For years it was clouded archerfish. Now that I have them the ludicrous goal is freshwater stingrays.

• Like 3

Discus were from 20 years ago.  Been back in it a little over a year after being on/off for a long time.  Have had discus just short of a year now, grown out from 2.5" fish.  Not sure what my dream fish is now, honestly.  I feel like my 125 is going to end up being a native creek-ish type tank.  So maybe natives are my dream fish now?  

• Like 2

Mine is Discus I guess. I always love the way they look.

Big size, schooling behavior, good parents, colorful and interesting body shape! They share similarities with Angels which I also really like but never had a chance to keep yet.

I also really like the look of Vampire Pleco. I fell in love with one when I see the baby in lfs. 

Probably vampire pleco could still remain as a dream fish even if I kept one. As dreams are the only place we can see the plecos anyway.

Nocturnals, yay😒

• Like 2

Just recently got my dream fish I never new I was dreaming about, Protopterus Amphibius. These have just recently started getting imported to the states, I found an old forum post from a few years back when someone likened finding on to getting a fire breathing dragon. 

My dream fish has always been illegal sadly, Channa Barca. I have been seeing them pop up on aquabid lately and only a small part of me thought about risking federal Lacey Act charges…

597C7A64-4B6A-4F82-80D7-85CA7F1A1FDD.jpeg

• Love 2

On 1/19/2023 at 5:53 PM, BlueLineAquaticsSC said:

Just recently got my dream fish I never new I was dreaming about, Protopterus Amphibius. These have just recently started getting imported to the states, I found an old forum post from a few years back when someone likened finding on to getting a fire breathing dragon. 

My dream fish has always been illegal sadly, Channa Barca. I have been seeing them pop up on aquabid lately and only a small part of me thought about risking federal Lacey Act charges…

597C7A64-4B6A-4F82-80D7-85CA7F1A1FDD.jpeg

Noodle arms!

On 1/19/2023 at 2:20 PM, Theplatymaster said:

it was a joke... sorry if that wasnt clear.

I know, I was joking too, man it’s hard to express tone over the interweb

I’d love to have some koi, but the geography of my lot would make a large pond difficult, and very expensive. 

Currently my dream fish include Altum Angels, Shoutedeni Puffers, and Threadfin Acara. I realized all of these dreams were inspired by Oliver Knott videos. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 8:06 PM, Patrick_G said:

I’d love to have some koi, but the geography of my lot would make a large pond difficult, and very expensive. 

Currently my dream fish include Altum Angels, Shoutedeni Puffers, and Threadfin Acara. I realized all of these dreams were inspired by Oliver Knott videos. 

I would love a pond but where I live ( a state that gets some times in the negatives f in winter and 100°f  in summer ) also doesn’t help we have exuberant amount of rain in the spring and I live in “valley” surrounded by a bunch of hills, that is prone to flooding, and to top that off a small creek that if it were to flood could provide a route to the reservoir that is about a 5 min walk away

On 1/19/2023 at 7:07 PM, Theplatymaster said:

TBH, compared to water at 100f, 78 is pretty cool.

Definitely! That’s like comparing room temp water to boiling water, I just hope no one actually follows that!

On 1/20/2023 at 8:53 AM, Guppy Guy said:

My dream fish is a flowerhorn. I love how personable and boisterous they are, and the bright colors are just a bonus. Unfortunately, I already have too many tanks, so the flowerhorn will have to wait.

Speaking on large cichlids, when I was at my lfs they had these HUGE Amazon swords and when they were getting one for me there were 3 or 4 giant cichlids hiding in the leaves, it was an awesome thing to see

(I think it was this tank they put the swords in, but idk)

ACBF3FE9-137C-4EB0-A018-A9758AF72C3F.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 9:31 AM, Aiden Carter said:

Speaking on large cichlids, when I was at my lfs they had these HUGE Amazon swords and when they were getting one for me there were 3 or 4 giant cichlids hiding in the leaves, it was an awesome thing to see

(I think it was this tank they put the swords in, but idk)

ACBF3FE9-137C-4EB0-A018-A9758AF72C3F.jpeg

Those look stunning! What kind are they?